Secondary security for email access?

a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 12:43:01 AM

I have two msn/hotmail accounts. Today, after I attempted to sign in
by using my email address and password, I got a pop-up that says
"Match the picture. to continue type the characters that you see in this
picture." Underneath the message was a shaded area with several "flying"
number and letters. Did MSN change their email system. Or am I being
"phished"?
February 16, 2005 11:48:34 AM

Joha wrote:

> I have two msn/hotmail accounts. Today, after I attempted to sign
> in
> by using my email address and password, I got a pop-up that says
> "Match the picture. to continue type the characters that you see in
> this
> picture." Underneath the message was a shaded area with several
> "flying"
> number and letters. Did MSN change their email system. Or am I being
> "phished"?

No, this seems to be a new security measure. It also seems not to work
very well as lots of people - including me - have successfully matched
the picture and just got in a logon loop. I haven't seen any
workarounds yet. If you can successfully get in, then do so.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

hey
my name is alev and i have the same problem but the thing is i can't get rid
of this .....'match the picture' screeen so i can't send or read
e-mailllllsss
pleaese helpppp
regards

!