Secondary security for email access?

I have two msn/hotmail accounts. Today, after I attempted to sign in
by using my email address and password, I got a pop-up that says
"Match the picture. to continue type the characters that you see in this
picture." Underneath the message was a shaded area with several "flying"
number and letters. Did MSN change their email system. Or am I being
"phished"?
2 answers Last reply
More about secondary security email access

    Joha wrote:

    > I have two msn/hotmail accounts. Today, after I attempted to sign
    > in
    > by using my email address and password, I got a pop-up that says
    > "Match the picture. to continue type the characters that you see in
    > this
    > picture." Underneath the message was a shaded area with several
    > "flying"
    > number and letters. Did MSN change their email system. Or am I being
    > "phished"?

    No, this seems to be a new security measure. It also seems not to work
    very well as lots of people - including me - have successfully matched
    the picture and just got in a logon loop. I haven't seen any
    workarounds yet. If you can successfully get in, then do so.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    hey
    my name is alev and i have the same problem but the thing is i can't get rid
    of this .....'match the picture' screeen so i can't send or read
    e-mailllllsss
    pleaese helpppp
    regards

    "Joha" wrote:

    > I have two msn/hotmail accounts. Today, after I attempted to sign in
    > by using my email address and password, I got a pop-up that says
    > "Match the picture. to continue type the characters that you see in this
    > picture." Underneath the message was a shaded area with several "flying"
    > number and letters. Did MSN change their email system. Or am I being
    > "phished"?

MSN Security Email Windows XP