Question re: Safe Mode & User Accounts

February 16, 2005 10:56:09 AM

On my PC I have 3 accounts - Myself (Admin) my roomie (Limited) and of
course Guest (off).
When I go into safe mode the welcome screen only shows Admin and myself, why
not the limited user?
Under CP/user accounts it doesn't show there either, but the guest account
does.
Is this normal or...?

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

It could be because xp uses safe mode for making changes to the system.
Admins usually show up but limited are restricted from signing on to safe
mode. You can go into user accounts in control panel and click "Change the
way users log on or off". In there uncheck the first box and the second one
will go away automatically. This will take away the welcome screen and bring
a logon to windows box. In safe mode a user can type their account name and
password andhave access to safe mode. The only bad thing about that is there
is no switching between users when one is already logged on and you must
enter your username and password to log on if the user name is no already
there. This is a security advantage but it is a way to allow them into safe
mode.

!