TV Wonder w/Radeon 9600 install advice?

I have a TV Wonder VE and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256 MB DDR RAM)
and I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Tuner card to work
correctly. (The graphics card works great.) The TV sound comes through
fine, but the picture is all mixed up, colors, lines, etc.

Can someone tell me the correct installation order for this? Should I wipe
out all the display and tuner drivers and just start from scratch with the
new install order?

This is my overall setup:

WinXP Home SP1 (always updated)
Athlon XP1800+
384 MB PC2100 DDR
Biostar M7VIB mobo
350 Watt PS
80 WD HD (2MB buffer)
Audigy 1 Platinum soundcard
16x DVD-Rom
52x24x52 CDRW
4X DVD+R
Vanilla Floppy

to also include this:

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (w/ Cat 4.3)
TV Wonder VE (tried all MMC's)

Thanks for any and all help, ideas, hatemail...etc

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:36:57 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
<blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:

>I have a TV Wonder VE and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256 MB DDR RAM)
>and I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Tuner card to work
>correctly. (The graphics card works great.) The TV sound comes through
>fine, but the picture is all mixed up, colors, lines, etc.
>
>Can someone tell me the correct installation order for this? Should I wipe
>out all the display and tuner drivers and just start from scratch with the
>new install order?
>
>This is my overall setup:
>
>WinXP Home SP1 (always updated)
>Athlon XP1800+
>384 MB PC2100 DDR
>Biostar M7VIB mobo
>350 Watt PS
>80 WD HD (2MB buffer)
>Audigy 1 Platinum soundcard
>16x DVD-Rom
>52x24x52 CDRW
>4X DVD+R
>Vanilla Floppy
>
>to also include this:
>
>Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (w/ Cat 4.3)
>TV Wonder VE (tried all MMC's)
>
>Thanks for any and all help, ideas, hatemail...etc

Have you selected the correct video standard and signal source, Jay?

patrickp

"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:36:57 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
> <blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:
>
> >I have a TV Wonder VE and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256 MB DDR
RAM)
> >and I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Tuner card to work
> >correctly. (The graphics card works great.) The TV sound comes through
> >fine, but the picture is all mixed up, colors, lines, etc.
> >
> >Can someone tell me the correct installation order for this? Should I
wipe
> >out all the display and tuner drivers and just start from scratch with
the
> >new install order?
> >
> >This is my overall setup:
> >
> >WinXP Home SP1 (always updated)
> >Athlon XP1800+
> >384 MB PC2100 DDR
> >Biostar M7VIB mobo
> >350 Watt PS
> >80 WD HD (2MB buffer)
> >Audigy 1 Platinum soundcard
> >16x DVD-Rom
> >52x24x52 CDRW
> >4X DVD+R
> >Vanilla Floppy
> >
> >to also include this:
> >
> >Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (w/ Cat 4.3)
> >TV Wonder VE (tried all MMC's)
> >
> >Thanks for any and all help, ideas, hatemail...etc
> >

> Have you selected the correct video standard and signal source, Jay?

I have NTSC and "TV Tuner" (not composite). Is that what you meant?

> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:24:03 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
<blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:

>"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:36:57 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
>> <blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a TV Wonder VE and a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256 MB DDR
>RAM)
>> >and I am having a hell of a time trying to get the Tuner card to work
>> >correctly. (The graphics card works great.) The TV sound comes through
>> >fine, but the picture is all mixed up, colors, lines, etc.
>> >
>> >Can someone tell me the correct installation order for this? Should I
>wipe
>> >out all the display and tuner drivers and just start from scratch with
>the
>> >new install order?
>> >
>> >This is my overall setup:
>> >
>> >WinXP Home SP1 (always updated)
>> >Athlon XP1800+
>> >384 MB PC2100 DDR
>> >Biostar M7VIB mobo
>> >350 Watt PS
>> >80 WD HD (2MB buffer)
>> >Audigy 1 Platinum soundcard
>> >16x DVD-Rom
>> >52x24x52 CDRW
>> >4X DVD+R
>> >Vanilla Floppy
>> >
>> >to also include this:
>> >
>> >Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (w/ Cat 4.3)
>> >TV Wonder VE (tried all MMC's)
>> >
>> >Thanks for any and all help, ideas, hatemail...etc
>> >

>> Have you selected the correct video standard and signal source, Jay?
>
>I have NTSC and "TV Tuner" (not composite). Is that what you meant?
>
>> patrickp
>>
>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Partly. But AIR you also select your country and signal source type
before you tune channels in with an AIW?

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:24:03 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
> <blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:
>

> >"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> >RAM)

> >wipe
> >the

> >> Have you selected the correct video standard and signal source, Jay?
> >
> >I have NTSC and "TV Tuner" (not composite). Is that what you meant?
> >
> >> patrickp
> >>
> >> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
> >

> Partly. But AIR you also select your country and signal source type
> before you tune channels in with an AIW?

I've got United States selected.

> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:15:25 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
<blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:

>"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:24:03 GMT, "Jay Michaels"
>> <blahblahblahblah@blahblablah.blah> wrote:
>>

>> >"patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> >RAM)
>through

>> >wipe
>> >the

>> >I have NTSC and "TV Tuner" (not composite). Is that what you meant?

>> Partly. But AIR you also select your country and signal source type
>> before you tune channels in with an AIW?
>
>I've got United States selected.
>

>> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Just a thought. Having the wrong video standards selected might have
been one explanation.

patrickp