HELP : Reset group policies

I've installed some client application for cyber cafe, and it applied some
policies to my computer so I can't access disks, right-mouse click etc. But
when I uninstalled it, it didn't remove those rights settings.

Now, I can't find where in Group policy editor I can enable access to local
disks, and CDrom drives, and My Documents folder!

Please help. I don't want to reinstall Windows.
Thanks in advance!
1 answer Last reply
More about help reset group policies

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll way down
    to Item No. 296 titled: "Lift MMC/GPEDIT Snap-In Restrictions".

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    How to use the Group Policy Editor to change default systems settings
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/winxpgpe.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Goran Genter" wrote:

    | I've installed some client application for cyber cafe, and it applied some
    | policies to my computer so I can't access disks, right-mouse click etc. But
    | when I uninstalled it, it didn't remove those rights settings.
    |
    | Now, I can't find where in Group policy editor I can enable access to local
    | disks, and CDrom drives, and My Documents folder!
    |
    | Please help. I don't want to reinstall Windows.
    | Thanks in advance!

Windows XP