Make WEP key work?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
May 17, 2004 7:34:19 PM

I'm at work where I have setup a VPN and Wireless-G Linksys routers, I have
a IPAQ 5550, which seems to connect to the Linksys fine when I have WEP
turned off but when I turn it on I can not get a connection. I'm using
PocketWINc and I have tried re-entering the WEP key dozens of times from
both PocketWINc and going through "settings" - "connections" -
"connections" - "advance" - "network card" (SAYS CONNECTED)

Can anyone help me out here and let me know why WEP is not working on my
Pocket PC. Any articles on this problem?

More about : make wep key work

May 17, 2004 7:34:20 PM

hmm, I have the same problem, but I don't think it's a problem because the handheld devices only support a small hex key wep, while the access point supports up 120, is it? I think there lies the problem.

----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

I'm at work where I have setup a VPN and Wireless-G Linksys routers, I have
a IPAQ 5550, which seems to connect to the Linksys fine when I have WEP
turned off but when I turn it on I can not get a connection. I'm using
PocketWINc and I have tried re-entering the WEP key dozens of times from
both PocketWINc and going through "settings" - "connections" -
"connections" - "advance" - "network card" (SAYS CONNECTED)

Can anyone help me out here and let me know why WEP is not working on my
Pocket PC. Any articles on this problem?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 18, 2004 1:16:38 PM

Funny thing is that I have never changed the Hex (Pass key) on the router
and when I first got the IPAQ it worked fine. A month ago I had to do a hard
reset and re-install everything and from that point on I have never been
able to connect to the wireless network. Why is it that I can't seem to get
the WEP keys to transmit or save?
Related resources
May 19, 2004 4:21:03 AM

....but remember the router comes with WEP disabled by default, some where along you had to activate it. My desltops are wired; I use an Linksys Access Point only for my laptop, but I'm assuming the WEP is basically the same.

----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

Funny thing is that I have never changed the Hex (Pass key) on the router
and when I first got the IPAQ it worked fine. A month ago I had to do a hard
reset and re-install everything and from that point on I have never been
able to connect to the wireless network. Why is it that I can't seem to get
the WEP keys to transmit or save?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 19, 2004 4:14:44 PM

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I had the linksys router configured with WEP
right from the beginning. When I first setup my IPAQ 5550 it worked fine
with the router, but after doing a hard reset on my IPAQ 5550 I can't get
the IPAQ to connect to the router any more when WEP is activated.
May 19, 2004 4:14:45 PM

----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I had the linksys router configured with WEP
right from the beginning. When I first setup my IPAQ 5550 it worked fine
with the router, but after doing a hard reset on my IPAQ 5550 I can't get
the IPAQ to connect to the router any more when WEP is activated.

oh, you had the wep configured then too. I'm sorry I'm just talking from my experiences with my Palm Pilot and Linksys Access Point; I'm not a really a pro, but I can help myself just like you. Hopefully some who knows more than you and me will answer your question. I hope someone does, so I can learn too, very sorry:)
!