Make WEP key work?

I'm at work where I have setup a VPN and Wireless-G Linksys routers, I have
a IPAQ 5550, which seems to connect to the Linksys fine when I have WEP
turned off but when I turn it on I can not get a connection. I'm using
PocketWINc and I have tried re-entering the WEP key dozens of times from
both PocketWINc and going through "settings" - "connections" -
"connections" - "advance" - "network card" (SAYS CONNECTED)

Can anyone help me out here and let me know why WEP is not working on my
Pocket PC. Any articles on this problem?
5 answers Last reply
More about make work

    hmm, I have the same problem, but I don't think it's a problem because the handheld devices only support a small hex key wep, while the access point supports up 120, is it? I think there lies the problem.

    ----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

    I'm at work where I have setup a VPN and Wireless-G Linksys routers, I have
    a IPAQ 5550, which seems to connect to the Linksys fine when I have WEP
    turned off but when I turn it on I can not get a connection. I'm using
    PocketWINc and I have tried re-entering the WEP key dozens of times from
    both PocketWINc and going through "settings" - "connections" -
    "connections" - "advance" - "network card" (SAYS CONNECTED)

    Can anyone help me out here and let me know why WEP is not working on my
    Pocket PC. Any articles on this problem?

    Funny thing is that I have never changed the Hex (Pass key) on the router
    and when I first got the IPAQ it worked fine. A month ago I had to do a hard
    reset and re-install everything and from that point on I have never been
    able to connect to the wireless network. Why is it that I can't seem to get
    the WEP keys to transmit or save?

    ....but remember the router comes with WEP disabled by default, some where along you had to activate it. My desltops are wired; I use an Linksys Access Point only for my laptop, but I'm assuming the WEP is basically the same.

    ----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

    Funny thing is that I have never changed the Hex (Pass key) on the router
    and when I first got the IPAQ it worked fine. A month ago I had to do a hard
    reset and re-install everything and from that point on I have never been
    able to connect to the wireless network. Why is it that I can't seem to get
    the WEP keys to transmit or save?

    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I had the linksys router configured with WEP
    right from the beginning. When I first setup my IPAQ 5550 it worked fine
    with the router, but after doing a hard reset on my IPAQ 5550 I can't get
    the IPAQ to connect to the router any more when WEP is activated.

    ----- R Doornbosch wrote: -----

    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I had the linksys router configured with WEP
    right from the beginning. When I first setup my IPAQ 5550 it worked fine
    with the router, but after doing a hard reset on my IPAQ 5550 I can't get
    the IPAQ to connect to the router any more when WEP is activated.

    oh, you had the wep configured then too. I'm sorry I'm just talking from my experiences with my Palm Pilot and Linksys Access Point; I'm not a really a pro, but I can help myself just like you. Hopefully some who knows more than you and me will answer your question. I hope someone does, so I can learn too, very sorry:)

Wireless WEP Wireless Networking