RUNDLL error message

Clean computer per Norton (w/LiveUpdate) and Spybot1.3
Blew out Wild Tangent with Spybot a while back. Receiving error message
after login:
"C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll
Specified module not found"
Ran a search for any "WildTangent" files, "CDA" files, and "RUNDLL" files,
even researched in the Program Files folders for anything that might tip me
off. Checked in the Add/Remove software program. Reruns of Spybot come up
clean. My guess is that the boot up program still has some sort of app or
executable left over from the Wild Tangent spyware/adware, but I can't find
the d**n thing anywhere! Should I be looking in the BIOS program? Regards and
thanks,
--
BK

Look in this registry key:

For an entry named:

WildTangent CDA

Delete that entry and you will no longer get the message.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"B Richard K" wrote:

| Clean computer per Norton (w/LiveUpdate) and Spybot1.3
| Blew out Wild Tangent with Spybot a while back. Receiving error message
| after login:
| "C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll
| Specified module not found"
| Ran a search for any "WildTangent" files, "CDA" files, and "RUNDLL" files,
| even researched in the Program Files folders for anything that might tip me
| off. Checked in the Add/Remove software program. Reruns of Spybot come up
| clean. My guess is that the boot up program still has some sort of app or
| executable left over from the Wild Tangent spyware/adware, but I can't find
| the d**n thing anywhere! Should I be looking in the BIOS program? Regards and
| thanks,
| --
| BK

Hate to sound like a complete novice, but I am...where do I find the registry
key listed below? Thanks inadvance for the help.
Sincerely,
Mark

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Look in this registry key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> For an entry named:
>
> WildTangent CDA
>
> Delete that entry and you will no longer get the message.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

> "B Richard K" wrote:
>
> | Clean computer per Norton (w/LiveUpdate) and Spybot1.3
> | Blew out Wild Tangent with Spybot a while back. Receiving error message
> | after login:
> | "C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll
> | Specified module not found"
> | Ran a search for any "WildTangent" files, "CDA" files, and "RUNDLL" files,
> | even researched in the Program Files folders for anything that might tip me
> | off. Checked in the Add/Remove software program. Reruns of Spybot come up
> | clean. My guess is that the boot up program still has some sort of app or
> | executable left over from the Wild Tangent spyware/adware, but I can't find
> | the d**n thing anywhere! Should I be looking in the BIOS program? Regards and
> | thanks,
> | --
> | BK

Malke

Mark in Westwood wrote:

> Hate to sound like a complete novice, but I am...where do I find the
> registry
> key listed below? Thanks inadvance for the help.
> Sincerely,
> Mark
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Look in this registry key:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>>
>> For an entry named:
>>
>> WildTangent CDA
>>
>> Delete that entry and you will no longer get the message.

Start>Run regedit [enter]

Then navigate to the key above and with it highlighted, look in the
right-hand panel for the Wild Tangent stuff. Please be very careful in
the registry - you can completely hose your system by deleting the
wrong thing(s).

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User