  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 12:29:04 PM

My security center always displays my firewall as being on even when I turn
it off temporarily. Why might this be occurring? SP2 is installed.

More about : firewall shows

February 17, 2005 1:20:46 AM

it is possible that the firewall built into SP2 could be turned off, but
if another firewall is turned on (ZoneAlarm, or the firewall in a suite
of internet protection tools such as Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro
Internet Security suite), then the Security Center will indicate that a
firewall is turned on.

Bob Fliegel wrote:
> My security center always displays my firewall as being on even when I turn
> it off temporarily. Why might this be occurring? SP2 is installed.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 17, 2005 1:20:47 AM

No, I have no other firewall. Tis a mystery!

!