Firewall shows "on" when off

My security center always displays my firewall as being on even when I turn
it off temporarily. Why might this be occurring? SP2 is installed.
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall shows

    it is possible that the firewall built into SP2 could be turned off, but
    if another firewall is turned on (ZoneAlarm, or the firewall in a suite
    of internet protection tools such as Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro
    Internet Security suite), then the Security Center will indicate that a
    firewall is turned on.

    Bob Fliegel wrote:
    > My security center always displays my firewall as being on even when I turn
    > it off temporarily. Why might this be occurring? SP2 is installed.

    No, I have no other firewall. Tis a mystery!

    "JW" wrote:

    > it is possible that the firewall built into SP2 could be turned off, but
    > if another firewall is turned on (ZoneAlarm, or the firewall in a suite
    > of internet protection tools such as Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro
    > Internet Security suite), then the Security Center will indicate that a
    > firewall is turned on.
    >
    > Bob Fliegel wrote:
    > > My security center always displays my firewall as being on even when I turn
    > > it off temporarily. Why might this be occurring? SP2 is installed.

Security Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP