Wireles connection works one way only

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My laptop has XP and Desktop has XP Home. The laptop is Centrino based with wireless networking incorporated and the desktop has been equipped with a wirelss catd. I use a 3com wireless broadband router (sadly no broadband here yet)

I can red the lap top fine from the Desktop but not the otherway around but I can use the desktop printers from my laptop. Although sharing is ticked on the desktop I cannot activate the files. I get a message on my laptop which says 'Shared documents not accessible. You do not have permission tomuse this resource-contact the adminstrator of the network (that is me) to find out if you have access permissions. Not enough storage space to process this command.' (The latter statement would appear to be rubbish.)

Please give me a step by step account for a remedy.

jr

Setup a user account/password that is the same on both
machines.