Closed captioning will AIW ever get it to work ?

I bought the AIW 128 6 years ago for a P1. The closed captioning worked about 5
minutes after 1st installing it. After that it was hit or miss, not worth the
effort anymore to even try.

I just got the AIW 9800. Trying now just to get the close captioning setup if I
ever do want to capture the scripts online again.

Ran it yesterday as a test on a kids cartoon show. It captured judge millian a
half hour later on a different channel when it auto changed channels. It did
make an entry at the time the cartoon show came on as to time, date, and
channel but that's all. I'm using text mode vs html or rich text.

b4 that I tried to get it to auto capture sabrina at 2:30 PM. This one did
capture hit and miss on the 128. It was a total miss on the 9800.

What's wrong with the AIW's closed captioning that it has been screwing up for
the past 6 years ?

Please don't tell me it works on everything between the 128 and 9800. I could
care less.

Just making sure you know that not all tv programs have closed captioning?

My 7200 has always done closed cap. properly except when the entire video
card software was wacky.

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
> I bought the AIW 128 6 years ago for a P1. The closed captioning worked
about 5
> minutes after 1st installing it. After that it was hit or miss, not worth
the
> effort anymore to even try.
>
> I just got the AIW 9800. Trying now just to get the close captioning setup
if I
> ever do want to capture the scripts online again.
>
> Ran it yesterday as a test on a kids cartoon show. It captured judge
millian a
> half hour later on a different channel when it auto changed channels. It
did
> make an entry at the time the cartoon show came on as to time, date, and
> channel but that's all. I'm using text mode vs html or rich text.
>
> b4 that I tried to get it to auto capture sabrina at 2:30 PM. This one did
> capture hit and miss on the 128. It was a total miss on the 9800.
>
> What's wrong with the AIW's closed captioning that it has been screwing up
for
> the past 6 years ?
>
> Please don't tell me it works on everything between the 128 and 9800. I
could
> care less.
>
> more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:58:43 GMT, "pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com>
wrote:

It shouldn't have taped judge millian. It was only set to capture the half hour
previously.
I see the closed captioning on screen just fine. I just want to save it to a
file.
For what you say, it would mean every attempt in the past 6 years has been to
shows that don't do closed captioning.
ie: Sabrina does closed captioning.
And we'll see if it fails again in about 2 minutes.
I just hit setup and made sure the TV magazine was enabled. It should change
channels in 1 minute.
channel changed, onscreen caps are there, and it looks like it's failed once
again.
no file exists.