Removing username at startup

I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login screen to
increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional
3 answers Last reply
More about removing username startup

    JTman wrote:
    > I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login screen to
    > increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional

    Download TweakUI from Microsoft. It's part of the Power Toys. In there you
    can show/hide user accounts from the Welcome screen.

    Or you could simply turn off the welcome screen and require that users type
    in their username at log on.

    --
    David Denmark [428929]

    To hide a user on the Welcome screen:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_hide_users.htm

    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak755.aspx

    To hide the name of the last person who logged to the PC in the
    logon dialog box:

    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local
    Security Policy.
    Navigate to Local Policies/Security Options.
    Right click Interactive Logon: Do not display user name.
    Select Enable.
    When you press Ctrl+Alt+Del the User name line should now be
    blank.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "JTman" <JTman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login
    > screen to
    > increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional

    control panel/user accounts/
    change the way users log on and off
    you can take from there
    peter
    "JTman" <JTman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login screen to
    > increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional

Security Microsoft Windows XP