Removing username at startup

a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 7:35:04 PM

I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login screen to
increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 16, 2005 10:40:57 PM

JTman wrote:
> I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login screen to
> increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional

Download TweakUI from Microsoft. It's part of the Power Toys. In there you
can show/hide user accounts from the Welcome screen.

Or you could simply turn off the welcome screen and require that users type
in their username at log on.

--
David Denmark [428929]
Anonymous

To hide a user on the Welcome screen:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_hide_users.h...

http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak755.aspx

To hide the name of the last person who logged to the PC in the
logon dialog box:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local
Security Policy.
Navigate to Local Policies/Security Options.
Right click Interactive Logon: Do not display user name.
Select Enable.
When you press Ctrl+Alt+Del the User name line should now be
blank.

--
Nepatsfan
"JTman" <JTman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to stop my username from showing up on the login
> screen to
> increase my security on my PC. I'm running XP Professional
February 17, 2005 4:47:30 AM

control panel/user accounts/
change the way users log on and off
you can take from there