"C" Drive invisible to XP limited users?

Karen

Hi all,

I am configuring around 30 windows xp pro workstations, which will work as
stand alone PCs at different rural offices. I am planning to increase its
security settings to keep the operating system running as long as possible.
I created a limited user account on each machine, no one can install any
software except the admin account. Just wondering whether i can hide "C"
drive and only let the users to save their files on the "D" drive....any
idea i can achieve this goal? any further security setting suggestions are
highly appreciated.

Thanks heaps!

Karen

jw

since all the Windows and other programs are on the C: drive, nothing
will work for limited user accounts if you remove access to the C: drive
("hide it").

if the future, kindly use microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers for basic
questions regarding Windows 101