"C" Drive invisible to XP limited users?

Hi all,

I am configuring around 30 windows xp pro workstations, which will work as
stand alone PCs at different rural offices. I am planning to increase its
security settings to keep the operating system running as long as possible.
I created a limited user account on each machine, no one can install any
software except the admin account. Just wondering whether i can hide "C"
drive and only let the users to save their files on the "D" drive....any
idea i can achieve this goal? any further security setting suggestions are
highly appreciated.

Thanks heaps!

Karen
1 answer Last reply
More about drive invisible limited users

    since all the Windows and other programs are on the C: drive, nothing
    will work for limited user accounts if you remove access to the C: drive
    ("hide it").

    if the future, kindly use microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers for basic
    questions regarding Windows 101

    Karen wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am configuring around 30 windows xp pro workstations, which will work as
    > stand alone PCs at different rural offices. I am planning to increase its
    > security settings to keep the operating system running as long as possible.
    > I created a limited user account on each machine, no one can install any
    > software except the admin account. Just wondering whether i can hide "C"
    > drive and only let the users to save their files on the "D" drive....any
    > idea i can achieve this goal? any further security setting suggestions are
    > highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks heaps!
    >
    > Karen

Security Windows XP