HELP!!!! Win XP doesn't start!!!!

HELP!!!

When I was about to start installing MSDN for Visual Studio 6, the installer
program hang. It hung so heavily that I couldn't even end the installer
through Ctrl+Alt+Delete. When I closed down the computer I got some error
(which I now can't remember), but I selected to close the program and then
the installer finally ended. But when I restarted Windows I get some message
like this:

Windows could not be started. This might depend on a change in soft- or
hardware.

"

If this depends on that the computer didn't answer, restarted unexpectedly
or was closed down automatically to protect your files and folders you can
choose "Last working configuration" to reset the settings which were used the
last time the computer successfully could be started.

If a previous startup was interrupted by a power cut .... or if you are not
sure why you computer cannot be started you can choose "Start Windows
normally".

Failsafe mode
Failsafe mode with network
Failsafe mode with command prompt

Last working configuration (the last settings which worked)

Start Windows normally

"

But it doesn't matter if I choose "Last working configuration" or "Start
Windows normally". Whichever I choose, all I can see is the Windows XP start
up screen with the progress bar. This progress stops quite soon after it
started and then the computer is restarted. What has happened here????

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

restart the computer and enter on failsafe mode
then go to sytem restore and click restore the system to a previous date
when system
was working fine.

then try again to install VS6.

kovik