How to decrypt folder and files with cipher.exe

Hi
I have a folder-structure with files subfolders,etc. the entire structure is
encrypted with efs (winxpsp2). with "cipher.exe /d /s:c:\enc\" i can decrypt
the folders and subfolders BUT the files in it are still encrypted??!!!

how can i decrypt folders and files? is this possible with cipher.exe? if
not are there alternatives?

thx

uw
1 answer Last reply
More about decrypt folder files cipher

    first thx 4 all responses ;)

    i did not understand the description of parameter /a correctly. /a mean all
    files. the description is confusing.

    Solution: cipher /a /d /s:c:\temp\enc\

    uw

    "Ueli Werner" <uwerner@zubler.ch> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a folder-structure with files subfolders,etc. the entire structure
    > is encrypted with efs (winxpsp2). with "cipher.exe /d /s:c:\enc\" i can
    > decrypt the folders and subfolders BUT the files in it are still
    > encrypted??!!!
    >
    > how can i decrypt folders and files? is this possible with cipher.exe? if
    > not are there alternatives?
    >
    > thx
    >
    > uw

Security Microsoft Windows XP