Pop-up Blocker is out of control

a b 8 Security
February 18, 2005 7:51:02 AM

I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems accessing
web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my address
line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted
this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click
here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then, all
I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a message
that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.

I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help would
be appreciated.

More about : pop blocker control

February 18, 2005 2:10:37 PM

check internet options
security tab
personalized level
go to use emergency elements blocker
click on unactive
the accept

this will disappear that message.

lewis

"Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems
accessing
web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my address
line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted
this file from showing active content that could access your computer.
Click
here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then, all
I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a message
that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.

I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help would
be appreciated.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 18, 2005 2:10:38 PM

Thx for yours Lewis. Unfortunately, I can't find "Personalized Level" on the
security tab...do you mean "Custom Level"? If you do, I couldn't find

"lewis" wrote:

> check internet options
> security tab
> personalized level
> go to use emergency elements blocker
> click on unactive
> the accept
>
> this will disappear that message.
>
> lewis
>

> "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems
> accessing
> web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my address
> line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted
> this file from showing active content that could access your computer.
> Click
> here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then, all
> I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a message
> that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.
>
> I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
> settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
> turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help would
> be appreciated.

Related resources
February 18, 2005 2:34:19 PM

there is another way
open the internet browser
go to tools emergency elements blocker
unactive blocker

or you can go to blocker configuration in this same place and make changes
you need.

"lewis" wrote:

> check internet options
> security tab
> personalized level
> go to use emergency elements blocker
> click on unactive
> the accept
>
> this will disappear that message.
>
> lewis
>

> "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems
> accessing
> web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my
> address
> line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has
> restricted
> this file from showing active content that could access your computer.
> Click
> here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then,
> all
> I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a
> message
> that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.
>
> I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
> settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
> turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help
> would
> be appreciated.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 18, 2005 2:34:20 PM

On my IE 6 browser Tools menu, I don't have an option called emergency
elements blocker.
I'll try turning off the Blocker on the Privacy tab and see if it resolves
the problem...but I do want to have the pop-up blocker running.

"lewis" wrote:

> there is another way
> open the internet browser
> go to tools emergency elements blocker
> unactive blocker
>
> or you can go to blocker configuration in this same place and make changes
> you need.
>
> lewis
>

> "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Thx for yours Lewis. Unfortunately, I can't find "Personalized Level" on
> the
> security tab...do you mean "Custom Level"? If you do, I couldn't find
> emergency elements blocker.
>
> "lewis" wrote:
>
> > check internet options
> > security tab
> > personalized level
> > go to use emergency elements blocker
> > click on unactive
> > the accept
> >
> > this will disappear that message.
> >
> > lewis
> >

> > "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems
> > accessing
> > web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my
> > address
> > line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has
> > restricted
> > this file from showing active content that could access your computer.
> > Click
> > here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then,
> > all
> > I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a
> > message
> > that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.
> >
> > I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
> > settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
> > turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help
> > would
> > be appreciated.

February 18, 2005 3:16:45 PM

check your security center
the icon is on tray bar
click on and check locations of changes in your machine

"lewis" wrote:

> there is another way
> open the internet browser
> go to tools emergency elements blocker
> unactive blocker
>
> or you can go to blocker configuration in this same place and make changes
> you need.
>
> lewis
>

> "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Thx for yours Lewis. Unfortunately, I can't find "Personalized Level" on
> the
> security tab...do you mean "Custom Level"? If you do, I couldn't find
> emergency elements blocker.
>
> "lewis" wrote:
>
> > check internet options
> > security tab
> > personalized level
> > go to use emergency elements blocker
> > click on unactive
> > the accept
> >
> > this will disappear that message.
> >
> > lewis
> >

> > "Paul Ryan" <PaulRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > I installed SP 2 some time ago and recently started having problems
> > accessing
> > web pages because of a security risk. I get a warning bar under my
> > address
> > line saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has
> > restricted
> > this file from showing active content that could access your computer.
> > Click
> > here for options" I can click and allow blocked content, but even then,
> > all
> > I get sometimes is a blank page. Trying to access Hotmail returns a
> > message
> > that Javascript is required, even tho I have enabled Active Scripting.
> >
> > I have uninstalled SP2 and re-installed it, checked all of the security
> > settings on my Internet Options (almost all are set to enable) and even
> > turned the pop-up blocker off, but I still get this message. Any help
> > would
> > be appreciated.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security