Permanently disabling admin shares

Is there a way of permanently disabling admin shares? Of course I know
about the SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters
registry hack, but it seems that one of the admins may have found a way
around that and has removed the AutoShareWks key from the registry.

How was this done and how can we permanently keep the root directory
unshared? The root directory contains financial data which is
sensitive and can not easily be moved to other drives.

Thanks!

Was this other "admin" a domain admin?

If so, you can't do anything since both of your are superusers.