ATIAIW 9800 MMC 9.1 TV Crashes PC Audio still there

Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
audio perfect ;)

System info:

Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
updated.

Driving me nutso!

ANyone else seeing this???

I have a Dell that uses a related chip the Intel 875P with an AIW 9800 Pro;
this happens to me, and when it does, the event viewer always reports an
error related to the True Vector engine from Zone Alarm.

--irv segal
iceeagle.spammenot@comcast.net

"Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
> have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
> audio perfect ;)
>
> System info:
>
> Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
> updated.
>
> Driving me nutso!
>
> ANyone else seeing this???

Event viewer here shows only the hard shutdown. No Zone alarm here!

"Irv Segal" <iceeagle.spammenot@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<raudnSX13o5CXZDcRVn-sw@comcast.com>...
> I have a Dell that uses a related chip the Intel 875P with an AIW 9800 Pro;
> this happens to me, and when it does, the event viewer always reports an
> error related to the True Vector engine from Zone Alarm.
>
> --irv segal
> iceeagle.spammenot@comcast.net
>
> "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
> > have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
> > audio perfect ;)
> >
> > System info:
> >
> > Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
> > updated.
> >
> > Driving me nutso!
> >
> > ANyone else seeing this???

It's a hyperthreading issue with WindowsXP (are we really surprised?). Go
here
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
and try the enclosed hotfixes. I have a TV-Wonder and a 9600XT running on an
Asus P4P800 with a P4 2.6 running at 3.0 and the same problems you have. The
info and link to the fix is at the bottom of the post. Good luck.

"Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
> have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
> audio perfect ;)
>
> System info:
>
> Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
> updated.
>
> Driving me nutso!
>
> ANyone else seeing this???

I dont get any thread?? Really need the fix!! really pissing me off ;)

"zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<RtpPc.18825$Vm1.200045@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> It's a hyperthreading issue with WindowsXP (are we really surprised?). Go
> here
> http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> and try the enclosed hotfixes. I have a TV-Wonder and a 9600XT running on an
> Asus P4P800 with a P4 2.6 running at 3.0 and the same problems you have. The
> info and link to the fix is at the bottom of the post. Good luck.
>
> "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
> > have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
> > audio perfect ;)
> >
> > System info:
> >
> > Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
> > updated.
> >
> > Driving me nutso!
> >
> > ANyone else seeing this???

I've emailed you a direct link to the fix:)

> I dont get any thread?? Really need the fix!! really pissing me off ;)
>

> "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > It's a hyperthreading issue with WindowsXP (are we really surprised?).
Go
> > here

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> > and try the enclosed hotfixes. I have a TV-Wonder and a 9600XT running
on an
> > Asus P4P800 with a P4 2.6 running at 3.0 and the same problems you have.
The
> > info and link to the fix is at the bottom of the post. Good luck.
> >
> > "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > > Monitor goes into standby, no ping, three finger salute does nothing
> > > have to harware reset or turn off! to clear it. All the while tv
> > > audio perfect ;)
> > >
> > > System info:
> > >
> > > Intel D865PERLL MB 2 GB DDR400 ram, 3.2 extreme chip, XP fully
> > > updated.
> > >
> > > Driving me nutso!
> > >
> > > ANyone else seeing this???

Would you mind posting it here? I have the same problem as the original
poster.

Thanks,
Richard

> I've emailed you a direct link to the fix:)
>
> "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > I dont get any thread?? Really need the fix!! really pissing me off
;)

> > "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > It's a hyperthreading issue with WindowsXP (are we really surprised?).
> Go
> > > here

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> > > and try the enclosed hotfixes. I have a TV-Wonder and a 9600XT running
> on an
> > > Asus P4P800 with a P4 2.6 running at 3.0 and the same problems you
have.
> The
> > > info and link to the fix is at the bottom of the post. Good luck.
> > >
> > > "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message

Would you post the link here? I have the same problem as the original
poster.

Richard

"zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I've emailed you a direct link to the fix:)
>
> "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > I dont get any thread?? Really need the fix!! really pissing me off
;)

> > "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > It's a hyperthreading issue with WindowsXP (are we really surprised?).
> Go
> > > here

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> > > and try the enclosed hotfixes. I have a TV-Wonder and a 9600XT running
> on an
> > > Asus P4P800 with a P4 2.6 running at 3.0 and the same problems you
have.
> The
> > > info and link to the fix is at the bottom of the post. Good luck.
> > >
> > > "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message

The forum article is here:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
The fix is here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jt007/TUNERFIX.exe
It's a direct link to the download, drop it in a new folder and execute.
Inside is the hotfix, it's worked so far for me but all I do is watch tv.
I'm using MMC 9.1 and it's buggy if you're using Hydravision with a dual
monitor setup like I have but at least it doesn't crash anymore :)

"Richard Forester" <richard_(no-spam)forester@msn.com> wrote in message
> Would you post the link here? I have the same problem as the original
> poster.
>
> Richard
>
> "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > I've emailed you a direct link to the fix:)
> >
> > "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > > I dont get any thread?? Really need the fix!! really pissing me off
> ;)
> > >

> > > "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Go

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> > on an
> have.
> > The

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Well, this doesn't seem to apply to me since I am not using an HT enabled
processor. I did notice that another "fix" seems to be working thus far:

By turning Fast Write to "off" in SMARTGART the TV app hasn't crashed on me
yet. Mind you, this has only been since yesterday.

:)

Richard

> The forum article is here:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> The fix is here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jt007/TUNERFIX.exe
> It's a direct link to the download, drop it in a new folder and execute.
> Inside is the hotfix, it's worked so far for me but all I do is watch tv.
> I'm using MMC 9.1 and it's buggy if you're using Hydravision with a dual
> monitor setup like I have but at least it doesn't crash anymore :)
>
> "Richard Forester" <richard_(no-spam)forester@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Would you post the link here? I have the same problem as the original
> > poster.
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > "zzipper" <zzipper@NOOSPAMMMMsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > I've emailed you a direct link to the fix:)
> > >
> > > "Keiths" <keith@keithshook.net> wrote in message
> > ;)

> surprised?).
> > > Go

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332060907#post1332060907
> running
> > > on an

> > have.
> > > The

> nothing

> News==----
> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> Newsgroups
> > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption