Need some advice on ati radeon purchase

Hello to everyone.
I currently have a, well waiting on the returned RMA, radeon 9800 pro 128.
I have a second system that I am wanting to get a better card for. It
currently has a radeon 9000 pro. Can anyone suggest a better card?
Possibly better than the 9800 pro ? If I get a better card than the 9800
pro, I will just put the 9800 pro in my second system and the better of the
two in this one.
Thanks.
Thomas

Sys. Specs.

Soyo Dragon Plus
1 GB PC 2700 ram
AMD Athalon XP 2000+
Sound Blaster Live
Radeon 9000 pro *currently* waiting on 9800 pro 128 RMA

TJar wrote:
> Hello to everyone.
> I currently have a, well waiting on the returned RMA, radeon 9800 pro 128.
> I have a second system that I am wanting to get a better card for. It
> currently has a radeon 9000 pro. Can anyone suggest a better card?
> Possibly better than the 9800 pro ? If I get a better card than the 9800
> pro, I will just put the 9800 pro in my second system and the better of
> the two in this one.
> Thanks.
> Thomas

That would be an X800 Pro or X800XT then.

£300 or so round these parts.

Ben

spencer

Or if your strapped for cash a 9600xt

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> TJar wrote:
> > Hello to everyone.
> > I currently have a, well waiting on the returned RMA, radeon 9800 pro
128.
> > I have a second system that I am wanting to get a better card for. It
> > currently has a radeon 9000 pro. Can anyone suggest a better card?
> > Possibly better than the 9800 pro ? If I get a better card than the
9800
> > pro, I will just put the 9800 pro in my second system and the better of
> > the two in this one.
> > Thanks.
> > Thomas
>
> That would be an X800 Pro or X800XT then.
>
> £300 or so round these parts.
>
> Ben

The only card that will give you noticeably better performance is the latest
from ATI, the X800 series of cards I believe.

JK

Spencer wrote:
>> TJar wrote:
>>> It currently has a radeon 9000 pro. Can anyone suggest a better card?
>>> Possibly better than the 9800 pro ?
>>
> Or if your strapped for cash a 9600xt

Which wouldn't be better than a 9800 Pro, but certainly better than any
9000...

Ben

spencer

exactly