Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can I get back my encrypted files?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 2:21:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hey there,
I'm not being able to access some of my files which I've
encrypted previosly and is stored in my pc. Because of some technical reason
I had to change my motherboard and had to re-install my WindowsXP
Professional OS afterthat when I tried to open my files those are encrypted
made by me, Refused to opned displaying message "Access Denide" I've tried
many ways to open those files and have been unable to access. I've heard that
a data recovery agent who have a proper key to decrypt those file can do so.
i wanna know that how can I get back my files or How can I become a data
recovery agent so that I can get back my files.

More about : back encrypted files

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 3:41:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

> I had to change my motherboard and had to re-install my WindowsXP
> Professional OS afterthat when I tried to open my files those are
> encrypted

Most likely those files are gone. If you did not backup you encryption keys
to floppy or CD before you did the format, you deleted the keys necessary to
open the files.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Brave_Hunt" <Brave_Hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D30B161-D541-43A4-A557-564175E1E515@microsoft.com...
> Hey there,
> I'm not being able to access some of my files which I've
> encrypted previosly and is stored in my pc. Because of some technical
> reason
> I had to change my motherboard and had to re-install my WindowsXP
> Professional OS afterthat when I tried to open my files those are
> encrypted
> made by me, Refused to opned displaying message "Access Denide" I've tried
> many ways to open those files and have been unable to access. I've heard
> that
> a data recovery agent who have a proper key to decrypt those file can do
> so.
> i wanna know that how can I get back my files or How can I become a data
> recovery agent so that I can get back my files.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 3:47:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

The DRA MUST be designated in advance and it is to later now.
You need the original encryption keys which were presumably destroyed with
your original profile when you reinstalled Windows XP.
If that is the case, you data is effectively gone forever.

See the links on the bottom of this page to help prevent this in the future:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


"Brave_Hunt" <Brave_Hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0D30B161-D541-43A4-A557-564175E1E515@microsoft.com...
> Hey there,
> I'm not being able to access some of my files which I've
> encrypted previosly and is stored in my pc. Because of some technical
> reason
> I had to change my motherboard and had to re-install my WindowsXP
> Professional OS afterthat when I tried to open my files those are
> encrypted
> made by me, Refused to opned displaying message "Access Denide" I've tried
> many ways to open those files and have been unable to access. I've heard
> that
> a data recovery agent who have a proper key to decrypt those file can do
> so.
> i wanna know that how can I get back my files or How can I become a data
> recovery agent so that I can get back my files.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:49:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I Had the same situation and was able to recover the files (Win2k Pro)

1. Go to www.elcomsoft.com and get the Advanced EFS Data recovery program.
The trial version will tell you if the files are recoverable and get the
first 512 Bytes of the file. If you don't want to spend the $99, go to

www.beginningtoseethelight.org/efsrecovery/index.php and follow the
instructions. I used the method with NEWSID and it worked like a charm.

Good luck,

Ron
rreyzer@hotmail.com
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:49:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

If it worked for you, you had at least part of your keys.
It sounds like the OP has nothing.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


"Ron Reyzer" <grreyzer@citlink.net> wrote in message
news:GOxRd.8184$mm2.4020@news02.roc.ny...
>I Had the same situation and was able to recover the files (Win2k Pro)
>
> 1. Go to www.elcomsoft.com and get the Advanced EFS Data recovery
> program.
> The trial version will tell you if the files are recoverable and get the
> first 512 Bytes of the file. If you don't want to spend the $99, go to
>
> www.beginningtoseethelight.org/efsrecovery/index.php and follow the
> instructions. I used the method with NEWSID and it worked like a charm.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Ron
> rreyzer@hotmail.com
>
>
!