Please help - user accounts bypass required

OK, I'm trying to be the good guy here but i know this sounds made
up......... :-(

I have a friend who is currently going through a bad break up. She is a
singer/songwriter/ poet and has an 8 month old son. The ex bf has deleted
her user account from windows and left him as the only user account and
refuses to give her her password - no access.

As a result she cannot gain access to her pics, lyrics and demo mp3s etc
which she simply wants to burn to CD and not lose before she runs for it.
Now, ok - she should have a backup, yeah. But she doesn't.

Is there anyway she can get into windows without the password and gain
access to do the burning?? (and then get out - preferably without him
knowing but merely getting in will do)

if this is the wrong forum, pleaselet me know where i can direct it........

Thank you and i really really really appreciate any help that could be
given.

If your friend's User Account was deleted, unfortunately
all files within that account were also deleted. About the
only thing you can try is to removed the hard drive, install
it as a slave drive in a different computer, then explore
that drive for the sought-after files, and see if they still exist.

If you receive a "accessed denied" message, then see the
following:

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User