how limited user access scanner

I'm running XP Pro (SP2). My machine has SCSI card and an Epson scanner is
connected to said card. The card and scanner work well when one logson with
administrator rights. However limted users are unable to access the scanner.
There is no security tab when looking at properties of the scanner.

How do I authorize limited users to use the scanner?

Later, I'll want to know how other machines in the workgroup can see the
scanner.
1 answer Last reply
More about limited user access scanner

    You do not mention the model of scanner so I will have to guess.
    My guess is that it is an older scanner, probably using EPSON Twain 5.
    Download the very latest driver from the web. If this does not cure the
    problem then the permissions will need to be set in the
    Windows/Twain_32/***** folder where the ***** will be the folder for
    your scanner, (you do not mention the name of the scanner).

    You cannot share the scanner across a network unless it is specifically
    designed to do so, in other words has natwork capable software. This I
    am afraid is final.

    Tom Spence wrote:
    > I'm running XP Pro (SP2). My machine has SCSI card and an Epson
    scanner is
    > connected to said card. The card and scanner work well when one
    logson with
    > administrator rights. However limted users are unable to access the
    scanner.
    > There is no security tab when looking at properties of the scanner.
    >
    > How do I authorize limited users to use the scanner?
    >
    > Later, I'll want to know how other machines in the workgroup can see
    the
    > scanner.

Security Scanners Windows XP