How limited users see workgroup printer

a b 8 Security
February 18, 2005 5:57:02 PM

I have two machines running XP Pro (SP2). They form a workgroup with two
printers on machine "a" which are seen by machine "b".

Unfortuately, on machine "b" ONLY administrators can see the printers. The
poor limited users are blocked from the printers. How do I give them accerss?
February 18, 2005 11:56:59 PM

Tom: In the Windows Explorer or the Printers folder, go to Tools\
Folder Options\View\unchek "Use simple file sharing (recommended)
this will make the Security tab appear in the printer properties, then
properly share the printer in Sharing and Security tabs. in Security
assign the necessary privileges to the regular or limited users groups.
Do the same on the scanner it's the same principle.

Hope this helps.

"Tom Spence" <TomSpence@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I have two machines running XP Pro (SP2). They form a workgroup with two
> printers on machine "a" which are seen by machine "b".
>
> Unfortuately, on machine "b" ONLY administrators can see the printers.
The
> poor limited users are blocked from the printers. How do I give them
accerss?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 20, 2005 6:49:02 AM

Unfortunately, this did not work. I always uncheck the simple file sharing
and I had remembered to do so on this oned.