How limited users see workgroup printer

I have two machines running XP Pro (SP2). They form a workgroup with two
printers on machine "a" which are seen by machine "b".

Unfortuately, on machine "b" ONLY administrators can see the printers. The
poor limited users are blocked from the printers. How do I give them accerss?
2 answers Last reply
More about limited users workgroup printer

    Tom: In the Windows Explorer or the Printers folder, go to Tools\
    Folder Options\View\unchek "Use simple file sharing (recommended)
    this will make the Security tab appear in the printer properties, then
    properly share the printer in Sharing and Security tabs. in Security
    assign the necessary privileges to the regular or limited users groups.
    Do the same on the scanner it's the same principle.

    Hope this helps.

    "Tom Spence" <TomSpence@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > I have two machines running XP Pro (SP2). They form a workgroup with two
    > printers on machine "a" which are seen by machine "b".
    >
    > Unfortuately, on machine "b" ONLY administrators can see the printers.
    The
    > poor limited users are blocked from the printers. How do I give them
    accerss?

    Unfortunately, this did not work. I always uncheck the simple file sharing
    and I had remembered to do so on this oned.

    "Juan" wrote:

    > Tom: In the Windows Explorer or the Printers folder, go to Tools\
    > Folder Options\View\unchek "Use simple file sharing (recommended)
    > this will make the Security tab appear in the printer properties, then
    > properly share the printer in Sharing and Security tabs. in Security
    > assign the necessary privileges to the regular or limited users groups.
    > Do the same on the scanner it's the same principle.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    > "Tom Spence" <TomSpence@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > > I have two machines running XP Pro (SP2). They form a workgroup with two
    > > printers on machine "a" which are seen by machine "b".
    > >
    > > Unfortuately, on machine "b" ONLY administrators can see the printers.
    > The
    > > poor limited users are blocked from the printers. How do I give them
    > accerss?

Security Microsoft Printers Windows XP