How to instalHackintosh on a intel pc...?

Hi,,

I'm trying to install OSX on my pc now for 3days and i'm near giving it up.
I can't find a CLEAR, RECENT topic on how to install OSX.

I was hoping you guys could help me a bit, or can send me a video tutorial
or text tutorial. A working tutorial....

My questions are,
What version of OSX exactly do i need, have downloaded hunderds of em,
but i dont know which one i need.... Do i need one from iPC or a retail version.
What files are on the original dvd of OSX so i can compare it with my downloads.

How do i install the software?
I read that i had to remove 1 video card and 8gig of ram so i have 4gb ram and 1 card
during the installation. Ive done that, but didn't saw any difference... I follow the tutorial
Iboot + Multi beast, found here;
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

That tutorial is UNCLEAR, its like chinese. They never explain why i would need iboot and multibeast,
due that i have no idea what the programs are for an how they work...

If anyone could explain how i install it i would be very happy, because i dream about
having a hackintosh :D. But try to explain it like you are explaining it to a 10year old.
Because i'm new in the mac world.

My hardware:
mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
cpu; Intel Core i7 950
gpu ASUS nVidia 560GTX TOP x2(SLI)
12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz
boot drive is a Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB sata 3 6gbps

Thanks in advance,
Hypertraxx
15 answers Last reply
More about instalhackintosh intel
  1. Hi,,

My questions are,
    but i dont know which one i need.... Do i need one from iPC or a retail version.
    What files are on the original dvd of OSX so i can compare it with my downloads.

I read that i had to remove 1 video card and 8gig of ram so i have 4gb ram and 1 card
    during the installation. Ive done that, but didn't saw any difference... I follow the tutorial
    http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

That tutorial is UNCLEAR, its like chinese. They never explain why i would need iboot and multibeast,

If anyone could explain how i install it i would be very happy, because i dream about
    having a hackintosh :D. But try to explain it like you are explaining it to a 10year old.

My hardware:
    mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
    cpu; Intel Core i7 950
    12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz

Thanks in advance,
    Hypertraxx
  2. Hi,,

My questions are,

My hardware:
    mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
    cpu; Intel Core i7 950
    12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz

Thanks in advance,
    Hypertraxx
  3. I have been told before that the forum does not support piracy and the OSX licence does not allow for the installation of OSX on anything but an Apple computer.
  4. I have been told before that the forum does not support piracy and the OSX licence does not allow for the installation of OSX on anything but an Apple computer.
  5. Hi,,

My questions are,

My hardware:
    mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
    cpu; Intel Core i7 950
    12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz

Thanks in advance,
    Hypertraxx
  6. what distros have you tried?
    try ideneb, iatkos

you can find a variety of distros on torrent search engines
  7. Well if you find Tonymac to hard which is actually quite easy theres really only one option for you.

First you need to check the wiki to see what paarts are compatible.
    I use ATI cards so I'm not positive if you GPUs are compatible or if you can do SLI, ditch SLI because the less hardware you got the easier it is.

Iboot will allow you to boot to a Snow leopard Disc and install on your computer. It emulates Mac efi to allow to boot, without it you cant boot to the DvD.

Multibeast helps you install Kexts (drivers) so you sound, internet, video, ect... works.

If you want to install Lion you need to use unibeast, but inorder to do so you need access to a working mac to make you unibeast usb drive.

If I were you I would buy a retail Disc and not pirate stuff, piracy is bad. Breaking a license agreement on something you own holds no water as far as I'm concerned.

Next go to www.zougate.com and check into buying a efix usb, check all your hardware on the compatibility list first, cause if it aint listed odds are it aint going to work.

I personally think Tonymac is the easiest cheapest way but again check the wiki there to make sure your components are compatible.

EFIX is the absolute simples way, pretty much as easy as installing Windows after you have the bios settings correct.

I can help you over remote assistance for a fee. Otherwise good luck. No one here can explain it any easier then it is over at tonymac.
  8. Distros are gay. Retail install is the best way to do it. Distros require Piracy and piracy sucks.

Well if you find Tonymac to hard which is actually quite easy theres really only one option for you.

First you need to check the wiki to see what paarts are compatible.
    I use ATI cards so I'm not positive if you GPUs are compatible or if you can do SLI, ditch SLI because the less hardware you got the easier it is.

Iboot will allow you to boot to a Snow leopard Disc and install on your computer. It emulates Mac efi to allow to boot, without it you cant boot to the DvD.

Multibeast helps you install Kexts (drivers) so you sound, internet, video, ect... works.

If you want to install Lion you need to use unibeast, but inorder to do so you need access to a working mac to make you unibeast usb drive.

If I were you I would buy a retail Disc and not pirate stuff, piracy is bad. Breaking a license agreement on something you own holds no water as far as I'm concerned.

Next go to www.zougate.com and check into buying a efix usb, check all your hardware on the compatibility list first, cause if it aint listed odds are it aint going to work.

I personally think Tonymac is the easiest cheapest way but again check the wiki there to make sure your components are compatible.

EFIX is the absolute simples way, pretty much as easy as installing Windows after you have the bios settings correct.

I can help you over remote assistance for a fee. Otherwise good luck. No one here can explain it any easier then it is over at tonymac.
  9. You need the OS X that ends in .app.
  10. Not only is it illegal, but OSX tents to have 'patches' released which will break your computer from time to time. It is highly not suggested for daily use. Granted, many of us have done it with success to play with and learn, but OSx is highly hardware dependent, and will not work with 'just anything', you basically have to build your hardware around the OS to have any kind of stability. personally I wish they would open the OS up and make it available to the PC world. I know many of us would jump on it as we need OSX for 'that one program' and it simply is not worth buying a Mac and being limited to their hardware to Run windows on 90% of the time.
  11. Not only is it illegal, but OSX tents to have 'patches' released which will break your computer from time to time. It is highly not suggested for daily use. Granted, many of us have done it with success to play with and learn, but OSx is highly hardware dependent, and will not work with 'just anything', you basically have to build your hardware around the OS to have any kind of stability. personally I wish they would open the OS up and make it available to the PC world. I know many of us would jump on it as we need OSX for 'that one program' and it simply is not worth buying a Mac and being limited to their hardware to Run windows on 90% of the time.
  12. Hypertraxx said:
    Hi,,

My questions are,

My hardware:
    mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
    cpu; Intel Core i7 950
    12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz

Thanks in advance,
    Hypertraxx

reach out a send a message (PM) to this guy right here:
    amuffin
  13. Hypertraxx said:
    Hi,,

My questions are,

My hardware:
    mobo; ASUS p6x58d-e
    cpu; Intel Core i7 950
    12GB Corsair RAM 1333mhz

Thanks in advance,
    Hypertraxx

reach out and contact this forum member, tell him I sent you:
    amuffin
  14. Hypertraxx -
    reach out and send this forum member a 'PM', you can tell him that I referred you.:
    amuffin
  15. This next topics has been merged by Amdfangirl
    How to instal Hackintosh on a intel pc...?
Ask a new question

Read More

Mac OS X