Updating Spy Bot, Ad Aaware, and Spy Sweeper W/O Internet ..

My friend has a win98SE pc currently without internet connection. I'm going
to install a DUN VPN connection. I'd like to burn spy sweeper, spy bot and
ad aware and their updates to a cd, then
run these programs before making the DUN connection. Can I burn the updates
to a cd then install from the cd? Dial Up Networking connection is so slow
I don't what to d/l anytthing.

Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about updating aaware sweeper internet

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My friend has a win98SE pc currently without internet connection. I'm
    > going to install a DUN VPN connection. I'd like to burn spy sweeper, spy
    > bot and ad aware and their updates to a cd, then
    > run these programs before making the DUN connection. Can I burn the
    > updates to a cd then install from the cd? Dial Up Networking connection
    > is so slow I don't what to d/l anytthing.
    >
    > Mike

    yes

    Mike wrote:
    > My friend has a win98SE pc currently without internet connection. I'm
    > going to install a DUN VPN connection. I'd like to burn spy
    > sweeper, spy bot and ad aware and their updates to a cd, then
    > run these programs before making the DUN connection. Can I burn the
    > updates to a cd then install from the cd? Dial Up Networking
    > connection is so slow I don't what to d/l anytthing.

    AdAware - get the definitions file.
    Spybot search and Destroy - you can copy the proper subdirectories from an
    upgraded version.
    No idea - likely something similar with SpySweeper.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    >Spybot search and Destroy - you can copy the proper subdirectories from an
    >upgraded version

    Very good idea, I'll try it.

    Mike

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    >> My friend has a win98SE pc currently without internet connection. I'm
    >> going to install a DUN VPN connection. I'd like to burn spy
    >> sweeper, spy bot and ad aware and their updates to a cd, then
    >> run these programs before making the DUN connection. Can I burn the
    >> updates to a cd then install from the cd? Dial Up Networking
    >> connection is so slow I don't what to d/l anytthing.
    >
    > AdAware - get the definitions file.
    > Spybot search and Destroy - you can copy the proper subdirectories from an
    > upgraded version.
    > No idea - likely something similar with SpySweeper.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

Connection CD-Rom Windows XP