  • Security
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 19, 2005 1:49:09 PM

Hi Group, can someone please tell me how to get rid of zone alarm in my
registry?it keeps showing up in my msconfig. as zlclient
SOFTWARE\microsoft\currentversion\run i have tried to find it in my reg. but
i can't:(
--
thank you for your help:-)

More about : zone alarm

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 19, 2005 3:09:57 PM

Are you running ZoneAlarm as your firewall? Or have you uninstalled the
program?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:44922187-42A4-4450-906E-04AF7D94E235@microsoft.com,
Cj <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Group, can someone please tell me how to get rid of zone alarm in
> my registry?it keeps showing up in my msconfig. as zlclient
> SOFTWARE\microsoft\currentversion\run i have tried to find it in my
> reg. but i can't:(
> --
> thank you for your help:-)
February 19, 2005 4:50:24 PM

There are explicit instruction for removing ZoneAlarm at www.zonelabs.com

"Cj" <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group, can someone please tell me how to get rid of zone alarm in my
> registry?it keeps showing up in my msconfig. as zlclient
> SOFTWARE\microsoft\currentversion\run i have tried to find it in my reg.
> but
> i can't:(
> --
> thank you for your help:-)
Related resources
February 19, 2005 6:05:02 PM

i uninstalled the program a few days ago.plus i reinstalled WXP SP1 and it
still shows up....

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Are you running ZoneAlarm as your firewall? Or have you uninstalled the
> program?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:44922187-42A4-4450-906E-04AF7D94E235@microsoft.com,
> Cj <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi Group, can someone please tell me how to get rid of zone alarm in
> > my registry?it keeps showing up in my msconfig. as zlclient
> > SOFTWARE\microsoft\currentversion\run i have tried to find it in my
> > reg. but i can't:(
> > --
> > thank you for your help:-)

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 20, 2005 12:25:01 PM

You should contact ZoneLabs they are aware of the problem with Zone Alarm
getting stuck in an Uninstall loop,(unable to completly uninstall). Sometimes
a free third party utility can be used to remove these types pf programs.

"Cj" wrote:

> Hi Group, can someone please tell me how to get rid of zone alarm in my
> registry?it keeps showing up in my msconfig. as zlclient
> SOFTWARE\microsoft\currentversion\run i have tried to find it in my reg. but
> i can't:(
> --
> thank you for your help:-)
February 20, 2005 1:45:02 PM

okay group, thank you for all the information....have a nice day

!