  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
February 19, 2005 11:09:09 PM

I don't know if this is a security problem or not, but occasionally I get a
popup dialog box with the following message:
Buffer overrun detected
PF\MS_Update\Ms_Services2.exe
Corrupted the program's internal state
What is going on and how can I correct it. Thanks.
Jack

More about : buffer overrun detected

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 19, 2005 11:09:10 PM

Jackson K McAfee wrote:

>I don't know if this is a security problem or not, but occasionally I get a
>popup dialog box with the following message:
> Buffer overrun detected
> PF\MS_Update\Ms_Services2.exe
> Corrupted the program's internal state
>What is going on and how can I correct it. Thanks.

Looks like you have been slimed with Adware. See, e.g.

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/adware.eboard.htm...

Try running Ad Aware SE or its equivalent to remove it. Then proceed
straight to Windows Update and make sure you have all of the available
critical updates.

Ken
!