where do i find a program that cleans up nvidia drivers?

i'll be buying a 9800pro real soon and i've read somewhere that just
uninstalling the nvidia drivers does not clean the system
and installing radeon drivers on a system that is not "clean" is
probelmatic.
also i've read that there are programs that clean up all the "remains" of
the drivers.
could someone please directy me to a site of such "cleaning" software?

mark

"Nissim Trifonov" <nissimtr@actcom.net.il> wrote in message
> i'll be buying a 9800pro real soon and i've read somewhere that just
> uninstalling the nvidia drivers does not clean the system
> and installing radeon drivers on a system that is not "clean" is
> probelmatic.
> also i've read that there are programs that clean up all the "remains" of
> the drivers.
> could someone please directy me to a site of such "cleaning" software?

http://www.driverheaven.net - someone here gave me that URL a while back
which is where you can get a utillity to clean up Nvidia and ATI video
files. Its called Driver cleaner 2.7 - works good.

Mark

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:57:22 GMT, "Mark" <nojunk@junk.com> wrote:

>"Nissim Trifonov" <nissimtr@actcom.net.il> wrote in message
>> i'll be buying a 9800pro real soon and i've read somewhere that just
>> uninstalling the nvidia drivers does not clean the system
>> and installing radeon drivers on a system that is not "clean" is
>> probelmatic.
>> also i've read that there are programs that clean up all the "remains" of
>> the drivers.
>> could someone please directy me to a site of such "cleaning" software?
>
>http://www.driverheaven.net - someone here gave me that URL a while back
>which is where you can get a utillity to clean up Nvidia and ATI video
>files. Its called Driver cleaner 2.7 - works good.
>
>Mark

Be careful if you've got an NForce chipset, Nissim. You may have
trouble distinguishing between the videocard and chipset drivers.

Best solution is probably to uninstall your chipset drivers, too,
clear out all NVidia references, then reinstall the chipset drivers.

patrickp