Is emule as guilty of gifting viruses, spyward, adware, etc. as other
peer-to-peer programs like Kazaa?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:7FB8479E-F2B9-431A-AADD-FAD780F4F447@microsoft.com,
aavishkar <aavishkar@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Is emule as guilty of gifting viruses, spyward, adware, etc. as other
> peer-to-peer programs like Kazaa?

First I'd like to say that downloading software or music that you don't have
legal rights to is theft. That simple... There's no other name for it. Now,
I'll assume that you're only going to use the software for legitimate
purposes right? Good...

www.emule-project.net

http://emuleplus.sourceforge.net/

You should be okay with it according to what I've been reading about it.
WinMX is without spyware and is a P2P client with OpenNap style network
support.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes