Having problems installing Norton Internet Security 2005

Norton 2005 Error 1406. Could not write value to key \Software. Verify
that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personnel.
1 answer Last reply
More about having problems installing norton internet security 2005

    In news:1108865173.718734.312040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
    horace.duncan@gmail.com <horace.duncan@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > Norton 2005 Error 1406. Could not write value to key \Software. Verify
    > that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
    > personnel.

    I searched and came up with this. I don't want to take credit for an answer
    that's not mine so I won't cut/paste. Give this a try:

    http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27660-1.html

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Security Internet Security Norton Microsoft Windows XP