Having problems installing Norton Internet Security 2005

Norton 2005 Error 1406. Could not write value to key \Software. Verify
that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personnel.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1108865173.718734.312040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
horace.duncan@gmail.com <horace.duncan@gmail.com> had this to say:

> Norton 2005 Error 1406. Could not write value to key \Software. Verify
> that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
> personnel.

I searched and came up with this. I don't want to take credit for an answer
that's not mine so I won't cut/paste. Give this a try:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27660-1.html

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes