Increse XP Sign on security

a b 8 Security
February 19, 2005 11:43:03 PM

My son has found a way to hack into my computer, geting around the password
screen.

Is there a way to lock him out, increese security?

More about : increse sign security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 20, 2005 12:46:41 AM

Depends on how he's getting around the password screen.

Are you still using the Welcome screen, or have you gone to the domain logon
style screen?

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"ZZYZX" <ZZYZX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My son has found a way to hack into my computer, geting around the
> password
> screen.
>
> Is there a way to lock him out, increese security?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 20, 2005 1:12:41 PM

ZZYZX wrote:
> My son has found a way to hack into my computer, geting around the password
> screen.
>
> Is there a way to lock him out, increese security?

Have you set a password on the built-in Administrator account?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm