SSL Web Sites and Pocket IE

April 23, 2004 12:47:01 AM

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can set me on the right path here.

I have an iPAQ 2215 running Windows Mobile 2003 and I can't access any SSL
encrypted web sites. Every time I try to access a SSL web site IE displays
a window saying "The Page you are looking for can not be found"

Can anyone help me in trying to figure this out?

Thank you

More about : ssl web sites pocket

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:32:03 AM

"Bill - RoadRunner" <mccartw@cableone.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm hoping someone can set me on the right path here.
>
>I have an iPAQ 2215 running Windows Mobile 2003 and I can't access any SSL
>encrypted web sites. Every time I try to access a SSL web site IE displays
>a window saying "The Page you are looking for can not be found"
>
>Can anyone help me in trying to figure this out?
>
>Thank you

It should work. You didn't install the high encryption pack from
www.pocketpc.com did you? that is for PPC 2000 devices only and will
mess up a 2215.

If that isn't the problem, visit https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html
with your Pocket PC. It will highlight the encryption your PPC is
supporting. The certificate there has expired so you may get a
warning. Just click yes and let it check your encryption level. The
"RC4 cipher, 128-bit key" box should light up for you, the highest one
on the list.