Roaming Profile

I am having a problem logging onto a workstation with a mandatory roaming
profile. All of our workstations currently use Windows 2000, but we are
integrating into XP. I just finished setting up the box to specs, but
during testing I found that I cannot login with a roaming profile. I do not
think it is a server problem since all local domain account login without a
problem and the roaming account logs in to Windows 2000 without a problem.
The error that comes up says to check permissions or network connectivity.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Thank you,
Kenneth Brehaut

BP

Hi Kenneth,

by default, XP checks the permissions on the profile share before using it.
you can cancel this via GPO.
this kb might help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327462

brgds

bruno

"Kenneth Brehaut" <BrehautK@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am having a problem logging onto a workstation with a mandatory roaming
> profile. All of our workstations currently use Windows 2000, but we are
> integrating into XP. I just finished setting up the box to specs, but
> during testing I found that I cannot login with a roaming profile. I do
> not
> think it is a server problem since all local domain account login without
> problem and the roaming account logs in to Windows 2000 without a problem.
> The error that comes up says to check permissions or network connectivity.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> --
> Thank you,
> Kenneth Brehaut