Doom3 timedemo

How does one run a timedemo, I thought there was a built-in?
Also, how does one record a demo ?

Jeff B

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

ctrl-alt-~ to open the console, then 'timedemo demo1'. Run it twice, as the
first run has no textures cached.

rms

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

BTW at 1152x864 HQ w/noAA, I get 68fps in the timedemo.
This seems to be the sweet spot for my 6800GT + 2.3ghz athlonXP + 512mb
system. This nvidia card doesn't seem happy with AA enabled, but I did put
anisotropic filtering at 16x instead of 8x in the .cfg file, and noticed no
slowdown. Hitching when doors open seems minimal.

rms

rms wrote:
> BTW at 1152x864 HQ w/noAA, I get 68fps in the timedemo.
> This seems to be the sweet spot for my 6800GT + 2.3ghz athlonXP + 512mb
> system. This nvidia card doesn't seem happy with AA enabled, but I did put
> anisotropic filtering at 16x instead of 8x in the .cfg file, and noticed no
> slowdown. Hitching when doors open seems minimal.
>
> rms

I get 38 fps, 13 multiplier P4 northy, CPU clock = 3.41G, dual channel
DDR, 1GB.
x800pro @ 535/515 core / mem. HQ, all settings stock. AA=0

Jeff B

"Jeff B" <fake@addy.com> wrote in message

> I get 38 fps, 13 multiplier P4 northy, CPU clock = 3.41G, dual channel
> DDR, 1GB.
> x800pro @ 535/515 core / mem. HQ, all settings stock. AA=0
>
> Jeff B

that sounds about right.. I'm getting 39.3 fps,
p4 2.6 mhz, aiw 9600 xt stock, single channel 1 gig ram.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Jeff B wrote:
> How does one run a timedemo, I thought there was a built-in?
> Also, how does one record a demo ?
>
> Jeff B

Drop console (alt+ctrl+` keys or add +seta com_allowconsole 1 to your d3
shortcut and normal ` key works console) and type "timedemo demo1" return
and it will run.

command "recordemo" in console and "stopdemo" maybe.dunno not tried yet

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

John wrote:

> Drop console (alt+ctrl+` keys or add +seta com_allowconsole 1 to your
> d3 shortcut and normal ` key works console) and type "timedemo demo1"
> return and it will run.
>
> command "recordemo" in console and "stopdemo" maybe.dunno not tried
> yet

should be "recorddemo" and "stoprecording" i think

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Drop the console and type: timedemo demo1

To setup an easy one-key console toggle, and display your FPS:

- create an autoiexec.cfg in base folder
- add the following lines:

seta com_allowConsole "1"
seta com_showFPS "1"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"

The tilda key will now toggle the console.

> How does one run a timedemo, I thought there was a built-in?
> Also, how does one record a demo ?
>
> Jeff B

Fish

how do you make a autoiexec.cfg file? With notepad?

Quoth The Raven "fish" <fish@email.com> in
lA4Qc.1508$zc4.901492@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
> how do you make a autoiexec.cfg file? With notepad?

yup, notepad is the correct tool

--
"Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts"

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Fish

did it, placed it in the base folder and then... it doesn't work.

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Quoth The Raven "fish" <fish@email.com> in
> lA4Qc.1508$zc4.901492@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
> > how do you make a autoiexec.cfg file? With notepad?
> >

> yup, notepad is the correct tool
>
> --
> "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts"
>
> Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

On 8/4/2004 6:35 AM fish brightened our day with:

>did it, placed it in the base folder and then... it doesn't work.
>

>"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>

>>Quoth The Raven "fish" <fish@email.com> in
>>lA4Qc.1508$zc4.901492@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net
>>

>>>how do you make a autoiexec.cfg file? With notepad?

I hope you didn't call it autoiexec, its autoexec.cfg. That was a typo.

--
The Brain From Planet Arous (1958):
"Bad alien Gor takes over scientist Steve's brain; good alien Vol takes over Steve's dog's brain."

Steve [Inglo]

I get no sound when running the Timedemo on Demo1... Sound works fine
elsewhere.

Is this normal?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

There was a typo in my last message. It should be autoexec.cfg

Quoth The Raven "Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> in
ZjaQc.6516$AY5.3448@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com
> I hope you didn't call it autoiexec, its autoexec.cfg. That was a
> typo.

yup, and as a matter as a fact you can exec any cfg file you like in the
menu to start the game you want with the settings you like, I had been
experimenting with the alpha for years now, its fun! just bring down the
console and use the old quake2 commands.

--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates (1981)

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

yes normal

--
Tony DiMarzio