dual channel DDR, 1GB.
x800pro @ 535/515 core / mem.

1600x1200 HQ, all settings stock. AA=0

43 fps

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

seta image_cacheMegs "256"

that line in the .cfg file seems to help stuttering in the game quite alot.
Give it a try.

rms

Lou

"Jeff B" <fake@addy.com> wrote in message
> ASUS P4P800
> 13 multiplier P4 northy,
> CPU clock = 3.41G,
> dual channel DDR, 1GB.
> x800pro @ 535/515 core / mem.
>
> 1600x1200 HQ, all settings stock. AA=0
>
> 38 fps

Does it show the minimum fps and if so how low does it go? Everyone says how
fast their fps is, but I just want to know how high the graphics can be
turned up to and can be played without getting too much stuttering or any.

Lou

"Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote in message

> Does it show the minimum fps and if so how low does it go? Everyone says
how
> fast their fps is, but I just want to know how high the graphics can be
> turned up to and can be played without getting too much stuttering or any.

There's a doom 3 tweak guide already, with recommended settings based on
video card type.

I''m running 800x600, and medium eyecandy. It still looks great at that
setting though.

Not sure if I like it enough to buy.. it's almost like a uber survival
horror game.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

rms wrote:
> seta image_cacheMegs "256"
>
> that line in the .cfg file seems to help stuttering in the game quite alot.
> Give it a try.
>
> rms

I haven't played much yet, but so far no stuttering, except
when running timedemo. It did help a little there.

Jeff B

Fish

Abit IC7 (i875p)
3260core, 250 fsb
200Mhz (5:4) cl2-2-2-6 (2)256XMS3500
9800pro @ 411/358 no artifacts. Stock cooler, runs UT04 at 432/358 no
artifacts.
Cat 4.8beta DX9b, WinXP
demo1, cached run.

50 fps - 1024x768, MQ
45 fps - 1024x768, HQ
29 fps - 1024x768, HQ 2xAA/4xAF

42 fps - 1152x864, MQ
39 fps - 1152x864, HQ

34 fps - 1280x1024, MQ
32 fps - 1280x1024, HQ

23 fps - 1600x1200, HQ

"fish" <fish@email.com> wrote in message
> Abit IC7 (i875p)
> 3260core, 250 fsb
> 200Mhz (5:4) cl2-2-2-6 (2)256XMS3500
> 9800pro @ 411/358 no artifacts. Stock cooler, runs UT04 at 432/358 no
> artifacts.
> Cat 4.8beta DX9b, WinXP
> demo1, cached run.
>
> 50 fps - 1024x768, MQ
> 45 fps - 1024x768, HQ
> 29 fps - 1024x768, HQ 2xAA/4xAF
>
> 42 fps - 1152x864, MQ
> 39 fps - 1152x864, HQ
>
> 34 fps - 1280x1024, MQ
> 32 fps - 1280x1024, HQ
>
> 23 fps - 1600x1200, HQ

Just for comparison

ABIT AT7 MAX rev1
XP 1700 @ XP 2400 166fsb
512MB DDR
FX5900 non ultra @ 475/900
nvidia 61.77 drivers
demo1 cached run

38.6 fps 1024 * 768 HQ
43 fps 1024 * 768 MQ

Trying to convince a friend to spend the extra money on a 128meg ATI 9800Pro
AIW... (Extra $130 Cdn) over a 256meg Sapphire 9600XT.

Does anyone have any timedemo benchmarks on Doom3 for these two cards with
comparable settings?

Thx!

Lou

"Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote in message
> Trying to convince a friend to spend the extra money on a 128meg ATI
9800Pro
> AIW... (Extra $130 Cdn) over a 256meg Sapphire 9600XT.
>
> Does anyone have any timedemo benchmarks on Doom3 for these two cards with
> comparable settings?
>
> Thx!

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=4

I would go for the 9800 Pro