Fonts, menu's and text in Doom 3

can someone tell me why this happens?

The second I turn on anything above med quality all my fonts get all
screwy. I'm talking about the menu screen, pop up text as you play
the game. Text that's say on a mointor in the game is clear as can
be. Same thing happens in medium quality if i turn on AF at all. So
I'm assuming by turning on high quality, it too turns on AF? Killer
is, when everything gets all fuzzy like that, the game slows down
badly.

Radeon 9800 pro using the latest omega drivers.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I'm pretty sure that you should not be using any Omega drivers if you're
playing Doom3. Switch to the ATI drivers and see if your problems are
resolved.

"Newf !!!" <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> can someone tell me why this happens?
>

> The second I turn on anything above med quality all my fonts get all
> screwy. I'm talking about the menu screen, pop up text as you play
> the game. Text that's say on a mointor in the game is clear as can
> be. Same thing happens in medium quality if i turn on AF at all. So
> I'm assuming by turning on high quality, it too turns on AF? Killer
> is, when everything gets all fuzzy like that, the game slows down
> badly.
>

> Radeon 9800 pro using the latest omega drivers.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:48:10 -0400, "Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm pretty sure that you should not be using any Omega drivers if you're
>playing Doom3. Switch to the ATI drivers and see if your problems are
>resolved.

I'm using Omega's 4.7's and have NO problems what so ever. Runs
amazing with my X800PRO. :)

Pluvious

>"Newf !!!" <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> can someone tell me why this happens?
>>

>> The second I turn on anything above med quality all my fonts get all
>> screwy. I'm talking about the menu screen, pop up text as you play
>> the game. Text that's say on a mointor in the game is clear as can
>> be. Same thing happens in medium quality if i turn on AF at all. So
>> I'm assuming by turning on high quality, it too turns on AF? Killer
>> is, when everything gets all fuzzy like that, the game slows down
>> badly.
>>

>> Radeon 9800 pro using the latest omega drivers.

shawk

"Pluvious" <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:48:10 -0400, "Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm pretty sure that you should not be using any Omega drivers if you're
> >playing Doom3. Switch to the ATI drivers and see if your problems are
> >resolved.
> >

> I'm using Omega's 4.7's and have NO problems what so ever. Runs
> amazing with my X800PRO. :)
>
> Pluvious
>

> >"Newf !!!" <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> can someone tell me why this happens?
> >>

> >> The second I turn on anything above med quality all my fonts get all
> >> screwy. I'm talking about the menu screen, pop up text as you play
> >> the game. Text that's say on a mointor in the game is clear as can
> >> be. Same thing happens in medium quality if i turn on AF at all. So
> >> I'm assuming by turning on high quality, it too turns on AF? Killer
> >> is, when everything gets all fuzzy like that, the game slows down
> >> badly.
> >>

> >> Radeon 9800 pro using the latest omega drivers.

Running fine here on a 9800pro and Omega 4.7's. Shaun

I just got the new hd today so i'm in the middle of reinstalling
everything. I'll see if the problem goes away now.

I got a new vga silencer cooler thing as well, and while putting it on
I noticed I have the 360 core!

So the next thing I'll be looking into is flashing it I guess.

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:08:13 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>"Pluvious" <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 06:48:10 -0400, "Phil" <phil_essing@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm pretty sure that you should not be using any Omega drivers if you're
>> >playing Doom3. Switch to the ATI drivers and see if your problems are
>> >resolved.
>> >

>> I'm using Omega's 4.7's and have NO problems what so ever. Runs
>> amazing with my X800PRO. :)
>>
>> Pluvious
>>

>> >"Newf !!!" <usenet42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>Running fine here on a 9800pro and Omega 4.7's. Shaun

well, I'm not sure why, but after the reinstall of xp ( new HD) and
even using the same omega drivers, my font problem is fixed, and I am
playing doom at 1024 x 768 on high just fine. I could probably go to
1280 x 1024 but I think I'd need more ram to do it well

Oh well, it's fixed...???