Access blocked to files and settings

I could use anyones input on this. I have run spyware, virus, and malware
programs on my comp. When I ran malware, access was denied to several folders
which might explain the problem I have been having for the past month.

I cannot get into my user profile and, during malware, access was denied to
my profile. My other problems are:

Internet: cannot download, cannot save settings (keep getting the popup
windows regarding questions).
Sound: Cannot change sound settings, cannot hear sounds unless program run
out of windows.
Cannot access user folders to my account.

I am going to try and run all of these programs (virus, malware, adware) in
safe mode. However, nothing happened last time.

Is there any advice anyone can give me to get rid of this problem?

Thanks,
Brian Hickman
2 answers Last reply
More about access blocked files settings

    what kind of os are you using ?
    did you get SP2 ???
    confirm ??

    kovik

    "Hickman" <Hickman@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
[...]

    Kocik,

    Yes. I am currently using Windows XP w/ SP 2 service pack.

    "kovik" wrote:

    > what kind of os are you using ?
    > did you get SP2 ???
    > confirm ??
    >
    > kovik
    >

    > "Hickman" <Hickman@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > I could use anyones input on this. I have run spyware, virus, and malware
    > programs on my comp. When I ran malware, access was denied to several
    > folders
    > which might explain the problem I have been having for the past month.
    >
    > I cannot get into my user profile and, during malware, access was denied to
    > my profile. My other problems are:
    >
    > Internet: cannot download, cannot save settings (keep getting the popup
    > windows regarding questions).
    > Sound: Cannot change sound settings, cannot hear sounds unless program run
    > out of windows.
    > Cannot access user folders to my account.
    >
    > I am going to try and run all of these programs (virus, malware, adware) in
    > safe mode. However, nothing happened last time.
    >
    > Is there any advice anyone can give me to get rid of this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian Hickman

Malware Windows XP