Help!!! Trojan attacked Microsoft AntiSpyware

a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 12:38:11 PM

I ran StopSign by aExcelleration and it found following
viruses
Trojan.Click.70 attached to Microsoft AntiSpyware
and
A.Value Systems MoM Application
I am only using trial version of Stop sign and there fore
cannot delete them.
How can I get rid of them please!!!!!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 4:10:54 PM

It may just be finding either the signature list, or the items in
quarantine.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

"Marea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I ran StopSign by aExcelleration and it found following
> viruses
> Trojan.Click.70 attached to Microsoft AntiSpyware
> and
> A.Value Systems MoM Application
> I am only using trial version of Stop sign and there fore
> cannot delete them.
> How can I get rid of them please!!!!!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 4:15:42 PM

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend Pattern File.

Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt428.zip

sysclean.com.

2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore...
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point

* * * Please report your results ! * * *

--
Dave

"Marea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I ran StopSign by aExcelleration and it found following
| viruses
| Trojan.Click.70 attached to Microsoft AntiSpyware
| and
| A.Value Systems MoM Application
| I am only using trial version of Stop sign and there fore
| cannot delete them.
| How can I get rid of them please!!!!!
a b 8 Security
February 22, 2005 9:54:21 AM

Folder")

>Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
>Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP
file.
>For example; lpt428.zip
>
>Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the
contents in the same directory as
>sysclean.com.
>
>2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
>3) Disable System Restore

http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore...
>4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as
many applications as possible
>5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and
Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your
> platform and clean/delete any
infectors/parasites found.
> (a few cycles may be needed)
>6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan
of your platform using both the
> Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
>7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System
Restore preferences,
> (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
>8) Reboot your PC.
>9) Create a new Restore point
>

>* * * Please report your results ! * * *
>

>--
>Dave
>http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>

>"Marea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>| I ran StopSign by aExcelleration and it found following
>| viruses
>| Trojan.Click.70 attached to Microsoft AntiSpyware
>| and
>| A.Value Systems MoM Application
>| I am only using trial version of Stop sign and there
fore
>| cannot delete them.
>| How can I get rid of them please!!!!!
>
>Thank you David I did what you said and I got rid of
them.
I know this because i went to the online scan at
MicroTrend and my computer is clean
Regards Marea
Australia

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 22, 2005 10:28:38 AM

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 22, 2005 1:21:19 PM

You're welcome -- glad you got rid of the junk.

--
Dave

!