Can not install Windows .NET server administration tools

a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 2:01:03 PM

Hello,

For some reasons I can not install administration tools on WinXP with sp2.
If I uninstall sp2 tools will install fine. Is there workaround this as I
have been looking around web for couple days now and can not see anything
regarding it.

Thank you.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 21, 2005 8:53:44 PM

"Branimir" <Branimir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> For some reasons I can not install administration tools on WinXP with sp2.
> If I uninstall sp2 tools will install fine. Is there workaround this as I
> have been looking around web for couple days now and can not see anything
> regarding it.
>
> Thank you.

Here's a patch:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

Or just get the new admintools package from Microsoft's web site. (It's not
even called .net server anymore!)

Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User