AGP problem with Sapphire Radeon 9600XT

Hi..

I'm running the above card under XP Pro on an Asus a7v8x-x board, with
the catalyst 8-03-04061 drivers.

AGP mode in bios is set to 8x, though the option is also greyed out
for some reason.

Smartgart reports agp mode set to off. All attempts to reset to 8x
(or even 4x) and then retest on restart end in an OFF setting again.

Can anyone help me sort the problem out?

TIA

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi
Have you installed the motherboard drivers..?If not then this could be the
problem.I have same card and no probs but then i have different MB..
Gaz

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:25:57 GMT, "Gary" <g.austin7@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>Have you installed the motherboard drivers..?If not then this could be the
>problem.I have same card and no probs but then i have different MB..
>Gaz
>"HowburyPete" <peteroe@REMOVETHISwritebros.org> wrote in message
>> Hi..
>>
>> I'm running the above card under XP Pro on an Asus a7v8x-x board, with
>> the catalyst 8-03-04061 drivers.
>>
>> AGP mode in bios is set to 8x, though the option is also greyed out
>> for some reason.
>>
>> Smartgart reports agp mode set to off. All attempts to reset to 8x
>> (or even 4x) and then retest on restart end in an OFF setting again.
>>
>> Can anyone help me sort the problem out?
>>
>> TIA

Yes, I have Gary... I've updated the MB BIOS, installed the newest VIA
drivers (inc agp) and removed all ati files with the smartgart and ati
uninstall programs.

I'm baffled now. Presumably your smartgart tab shows agp 8x?