Sign in with
Your question

MSI GX630 Notebook Win7 64bit Drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
December 5, 2010 7:02:22 AM

Hello, I recently purchased an OEM version of Win7 Home Premium 64bit and I was hoping to upgrade the OS on my laptop from Windows Vista to Win7. However, MSI does not offer drivers for 64 bit Win7 for this series of notebooks, much to my dismay.

Can someone help me locate the appropriate drivers for my notebook so I don't need to continue to use the worst operating system Windows has ever released?

Any links, feedback, sympathy, or information is appreciated and welcomed!

Thank you, tomshardware.com community!
December 5, 2010 7:22:43 AM

blopata said:
Hello, I recently purchased an OEM version of Win7 Home Premium 64bit and I was hoping to upgrade the OS on my laptop from Windows Vista to Win7. However, MSI does not offer drivers for 64 bit Win7 for this series of notebooks, much to my dismay.

Can someone help me locate the appropriate drivers for my notebook so I don't need to continue to use the worst operating system Windows has ever released?

Hello.
You said you bought an Oem win 7 , then you said to want to upgrade from vista to 7.. ?
m
l
December 5, 2010 4:57:58 PM

Yes, exactly. Not through the OS upgrade tool, but rather by formatting the drive and booting up from the Win7 CD and doing a fresh install. This is why I will need the driver software
m
l
September 9, 2012 4:18:34 AM

32-bit drivers found:

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX630.html#/?div=Driver&o...

blopata said:

m
l
!