Mobile Barton 2500 at 2.5ghz and ATI X800 Pro good match ?

Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
it ?

Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?

Thanks
HELLO NURSE.
7 answers Last reply
More about mobile barton 2500 5ghz x800 good match

    On 8/5/2004 8:29 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:

    >Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
    >it ?
    >
    >Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
    >getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
    >even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
    >just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?

    It's great that you're interested in learning about hardware and
    overclocking and all and getting a super card, but you've got to know
    this is a silly question.
    An Athlon XP running at 2.5 GHz makes it just about the top
    performing/fastest non 64 bit CPU available. So umm, no the X800 won't
    be wasted.
    :-P

    --

    Steve [Inglo]

    Hey dude. I saw your original post asking about the gexcube x800 - let us
    know how doom3 fares with it. And by the way, I have the same cpu as you - a
    mobile 2500 doing 2.5ghz, but i have the 9800pro256bit - was thinking of
    getting an x800 also ;)

    "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
    > it ?
    >
    > Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
    > getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
    > even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
    > just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > HELLO NURSE.

    Well ive got a 9600 Pro now so ill see how that gos with doom 3,
    though i REALY want to turn up ALLL the detail at a high Resolution
    1600 by 1200 100htz :), or maybe alittle less :o

    Thanks.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:25:04 +1000, "Blaedmon" <ass@hell.com> wrote:

    >Hey dude. I saw your original post asking about the gexcube x800 - let us
    >know how doom3 fares with it. And by the way, I have the same cpu as you - a
    >mobile 2500 doing 2.5ghz, but i have the 9800pro256bit - was thinking of
    >getting an x800 also ;)
    >
    >"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
    >> it ?
    >>
    >> Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
    >> getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
    >> even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
    >> just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> HELLO NURSE.

    HELLO NURSE.

    Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:04:09 GMT, Inglo
    <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

    >On 8/5/2004 8:29 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
    >
    >>Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
    >>it ?
    >>
    >>Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
    >>getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
    >>even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
    >>just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
    >>

    >It's great that you're interested in learning about hardware and
    >overclocking and all and getting a super card, but you've got to know
    >this is a silly question.
    >An Athlon XP running at 2.5 GHz makes it just about the top
    >performing/fastest non 64 bit CPU available. So umm, no the X800 won't
    >be wasted.
    >:-P

    HELLO NURSE.

    On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:

    >Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)

    If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
    can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
    fully supports it.
    How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
    cooling going to be?

    --
    The Brain From Planet Arous (1958):
    "Bad alien Gor takes over scientist Steve's brain; good alien Vol takes over Steve's dog's brain."

    Steve [Inglo]

    Already at 2.5 :), just a basic vantec Aeroflow cooler, under 40c load
    :)

    Its a Mobile 2500 you see, its running at 1.75 volts at 2.5ghz, thats
    the secret no 1.9 volts to get it their HE HE.

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, Inglo
    <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

    >On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
    >
    >>Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)
    >>

    >If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
    >can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
    >fully supports it.
    >How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
    >cooling going to be?

    HELLO NURSE.

    I wont be upgrading untill they release some new dual core cpus, 64bit
    and mobile ones so i can plonk two of em into a dual board have some
    fun.

    Hopfully games will support two CPUS by then and other software
    becuase they realy would have to then :)

    Well thats what iam hoping.

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, Inglo
    <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

    >On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
    >
    >>Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)
    >>

    >If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
    >can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
    >fully supports it.
    >How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
    >cooling going to be?

    HELLO NURSE.

Radeon Mobile ATI Graphics