Mobile Barton 2500 at 2.5ghz and ATI X800 Pro good match ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 6, 2004 5:29:45 AM

Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
it ?

Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?

Thanks
HELLO NURSE.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:04:09 AM

On 8/5/2004 8:29 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:

>Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
>it ?
>
>Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
>getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
>even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
>just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?

It's great that you're interested in learning about hardware and
overclocking and all and getting a super card, but you've got to know
this is a silly question.
An Athlon XP running at 2.5 GHz makes it just about the top
performing/fastest non 64 bit CPU available. So umm, no the X800 won't
be wasted.
:-P

--

Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous

Hey dude. I saw your original post asking about the gexcube x800 - let us
know how doom3 fares with it. And by the way, I have the same cpu as you - a
mobile 2500 doing 2.5ghz, but i have the 9800pro256bit - was thinking of
getting an x800 also ;)

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
> it ?
>
> Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
> getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
> even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
> just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
>
> Thanks
> HELLO NURSE.
August 6, 2004 4:52:36 PM

Well ive got a 9600 Pro now so ill see how that gos with doom 3,
though i REALY want to turn up ALLL the detail at a high Resolution
1600 by 1200 100htz :) , or maybe alittle less :o

Thanks.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:25:04 +1000, "Blaedmon" <ass@hell.com> wrote:

>Hey dude. I saw your original post asking about the gexcube x800 - let us
>know how doom3 fares with it. And by the way, I have the same cpu as you - a
>mobile 2500 doing 2.5ghz, but i have the 9800pro256bit - was thinking of
>getting an x800 also ;)
>
>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
>> it ?
>>
>> Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
>> getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
>> even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
>> just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> HELLO NURSE.

HELLO NURSE.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:52:39 AM

Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:04:09 GMT, Inglo
<ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

>On 8/5/2004 8:29 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
>
>>Will the card be held back by the CPU ??? the X800 wont be wasted will
>>it ?
>>
>>Just like to know as iam getting the X800 well if the place iam
>>getting at can get it that is, pretty good 700 bucks Australian, it
>>even includes Yayger a game that will show off the power of the card,
>>just hope it comes in the box for Australia ?
>>

>It's great that you're interested in learning about hardware and
>overclocking and all and getting a super card, but you've got to know
>this is a silly question.
>An Athlon XP running at 2.5 GHz makes it just about the top
>performing/fastest non 64 bit CPU available. So umm, no the X800 won't
>be wasted.
>:-P

HELLO NURSE.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:52:40 AM

On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:

>Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)

If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
fully supports it.
How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
cooling going to be?

--
The Brain From Planet Arous (1958):
"Bad alien Gor takes over scientist Steve's brain; good alien Vol takes over Steve's dog's brain."

Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:04:13 AM

Already at 2.5 :) , just a basic vantec Aeroflow cooler, under 40c load
:)

Its a Mobile 2500 you see, its running at 1.75 volts at 2.5ghz, thats
the secret no 1.9 volts to get it their HE HE.

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, Inglo
<ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

>On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
>
>>Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)
>>

>If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
>can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
>fully supports it.
>How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
>cooling going to be?

HELLO NURSE.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:05:48 AM

I wont be upgrading untill they release some new dual core cpus, 64bit
and mobile ones so i can plonk two of em into a dual board have some
fun.

Hopfully games will support two CPUS by then and other software
becuase they realy would have to then :)

Well thats what iam hoping.

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, Inglo
<ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote:

>On 8/6/2004 6:52 AM OCZ Guy brightened our day with:
>
>>Glad to hear it maybe my Pc will last 3 years if iam lucky :)
>>

>If you are interested in just spending all the money that you possibly
>can, I'd say get a 64 bit CPU. I'm waiting on 64 bit until windows
>fully supports it.
>How are you planning on getting the 2500 to 2.5 GHz? What's your
>cooling going to be?

HELLO NURSE.
!