ATI manufacturers

ozman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2003

I"m a newbie to ATI products (NVIDIA for many years) and I'm looking to
purchase a 9800pro. I'm looking for suggestions on a manufacturer.(Best
support, Best quality and Best warrantees) I'm currently leaning towards
MSI because I've heard they have quiet fans.

spencer

MSi r ok but you would be better going for a Sapphire or Radeon card IMO.
ATI's are much quieter than the NVIDIA FX range IMO.

I had (and still got in second pc) a Hercules Radeon 9700 pro and have a
Sapphire x800 pro in this one.

Both fine cards IMO.

Spence

OZMAN wrote:
> I"m a newbie to ATI products (NVIDIA for many years) and I'm looking
> to purchase a 9800pro. I'm looking for suggestions on a
> manufacturer.(Best support, Best quality and Best warrantees) I'm
> currently leaning towards MSI because I've heard they have quiet fans.

I am quite satisified with my " ATI Radeon 9800 Pro".
I also had an ATI 9700 Pro previously, and was very satisfied with it as
well.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I probably should put my 9700 Pro up for sale on
Ebay while it is still worth something anyways...

--
Don Burnette

I've had Hercules, Sapphire and real Built by ATI cards, happy with all of
them. Never had any problems other than one DOA Sapphire card which my
retailer happily replaced right away. I've had problems with Power Color
card in friends pc's numerous times, enough to say I wouldn't recommend
anything they manufacture.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:34:30 -0500, "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote:

>I"m a newbie to ATI products (NVIDIA for many years) and I'm looking to
>purchase a 9800pro. I'm looking for suggestions on a manufacturer.(Best
>support, Best quality and Best warrantees) I'm currently leaning towards
>MSI because I've heard they have quiet fans.

Well, if you really want quiet, how about this?
http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proult.asp

Sapphire make many of Ati's cards for them, and many Sapphire cards
are considered to be the exact equivalent of an Ati one.

patrickp

SERVO

patrickp wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:34:30 -0500, "OZMAN" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote:
>

>>I"m a newbie to ATI products (NVIDIA for many years) and I'm looking to
>>purchase a 9800pro. I'm looking for suggestions on a manufacturer.(Best
>>support, Best quality and Best warrantees) I'm currently leaning towards
>>MSI because I've heard they have quiet fans.
>>

> Well, if you really want quiet, how about this?
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proult.asp
>

> Sapphire make many of Ati's cards for them, and many Sapphire cards
> are considered to be the exact equivalent of an Ati one.
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

I have two machines running Sapphire cards and I'm VERY happy with them.

--
Servo
"Kids love Robocop!"