HL2: God mode on by default?

My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

The way I know to do godmode at the moment is:
modify the shortcut to "c:\[..]halflife2.exe" - console
Use ~ to bring down console
Enter god

Perhaps the above could be put into a *.ini somehow so she can just
double-click and play?

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    "Toby" wrote

    > My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
    > Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
    > shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
    > meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

    Hmm maybe something like this at the command line?:

    +sv_cheats 1 +god

    Haven't tried it though
    The plus sign indicates a console command

    - Peter

    On 2005-01-10, Peter Lykkegaard <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Toby" wrote
    >
    >> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
    >> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
    >> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
    >> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
    >>
    > Hmm maybe something like this at the command line?:
    >
    > +sv_cheats 1 +god
    >
    > Haven't tried it though
    > The plus sign indicates a console command

    The whole thing is on hold now while I tackle a Steam problem:
    My g/f is a liability on the computer so I only gave her a guest account
    in XP, but steam won't let itself be run from a guest account because it
    doesn't have the permissions to edit 'c:\program files\*'.

    --
    Toby.
    FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    Toby wrote:

    > My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
    > Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
    > shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
    > meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

    Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load the
    game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.

    On 2005-01-10, Nobody <abuse@netscape.net> wrote:
    > Toby wrote:
    >
    >> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
    >> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
    >> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
    >> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
    >
    > Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load the
    > game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.

    Cool. Now to get HL2 to run as a guest...

    --
    Toby.
    FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

    "Nobody" <abuse@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Toby wrote:
    >
    >> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
    >> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
    >> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
    >> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
    >
    > Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load
    > the game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.

    Yes they will :)
    McG.

Default Games Video Games