HL2: God mode on by default?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 8, 2005 9:05:09 PM

My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

The way I know to do godmode at the moment is:
modify the shortcut to "c:\[..]halflife2.exe" - console
Use ~ to bring down console
Enter god

Perhaps the above could be put into a *.ini somehow so she can just
double-click and play?

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

More about : hl2 god mode default

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 12:11:15 PM

"Toby" wrote

> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

Hmm maybe something like this at the command line?:

+sv_cheats 1 +god

Haven't tried it though
The plus sign indicates a console command

- Peter
January 10, 2005 5:46:30 PM

On 2005-01-10, Peter Lykkegaard <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Toby" wrote
>
>> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
>> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
>> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
>> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
>>
> Hmm maybe something like this at the command line?:
>
> +sv_cheats 1 +god
>
> Haven't tried it though
> The plus sign indicates a console command

The whole thing is on hold now while I tackle a Steam problem:
My g/f is a liability on the computer so I only gave her a guest account
in XP, but steam won't let itself be run from a guest account because it
doesn't have the permissions to edit 'c:\program files\*'.

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

Toby wrote:

> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?

Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load the
game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.
January 10, 2005 7:09:47 PM

On 2005-01-10, Nobody <abuse@netscape.net> wrote:
> Toby wrote:
>
>> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
>> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
>> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
>> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
>
> Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load the
> game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.

Cool. Now to get HL2 to run as a guest...

--
Toby.
FT: 250 DK Bongo Stars

"Nobody" <abuse@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Toby wrote:
>
>> My g/f says that she wants to play HL2 if she can play in god mode.
>> Rather than teach her about the console, is it possible to make a
>> shortcut that runs HL2 in god mode for her automatically, without
>> meaning that I, too, have to be in god mode?
>
> Just start a game, turn on god mode, and then save it. When you load
> the game later, god mode will still be on, but the cheats won't.

Yes they will :)
McG.
!