4.9 Beta catalysts...Blue screen of death

I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into XP
with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
have this problem or know why it's happening?

thx

CannonFodder

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

"Robert Jackson" <rabramson1@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into
XP
> with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
> have this problem or know why it's happening?
>
> thx

no problem here m8, seen a vast visual improvement in Doom 3 and these
drivers.

'fodder

---
Outgoing mail is free from nasty things that can make your computer go all
wibbly.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:30:28 +0100, "Cannonfodder" <cannonfodder@theleesnospamfsworld.co.uk> wrote:

>"Robert Jackson" <rabramson1@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots into
>XP
>> with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine. Anyone else
>> have this problem or know why it's happening?
>>
>> thx

whit the 4.9 version i do get a message that ask me to remove the floppy disk when i boot but there
is no floppy. so a got to use the space bar and the system can boot ???

i dont know if it's related but it's make me !@!T .

Quoth The Raven "Robert Jackson" <rabramson1@si.rr.com> in
B5CQc.48115$oW6.10403346@twister.nyc.rr.com
> I kept trying and kept getting blue screen of death when my pc boots
> into XP with 4.9 betas. i keep rolling back to 4.8 which works fine.
> Anyone else have this problem or know why it's happening?
>
> thx

have you tried a file called driver cleaner? it completely removes all files
from ATI (and other companies at will) and then you can install 4.9 cleanly

--
If you have x-ray vision, and you can see through anything, wouldn't
you see through everything and actually see nothing?

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me