Disable new software installation

lim

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2005

How do I disable any software installations from network,
drives, internet, etc without using limited accounts, or
at least require password to install any new softwares.

Malke

LIM wrote:

> How do I disable any software installations from network,
> drives, internet, etc without using limited accounts, or
> at least require password to install any new softwares.

Which version of Windows, Home or Pro? If Pro, use the Group Policy
Editor (Start>Run gpedit.msc [enter]). If Home, see if Doug Knox's
Security Console helps. Get it at his site, www.dougknox.com.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User