Since I have installed MS XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer receive faxes. I
can send them but not receive them. I have checked the firewall settings and
have checked the exception that allows Fax Console to accept outside
connections. Still cannot receive faxes. Anybody have any ideas as to what
is going on here
Jack

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:aDHSd.3777$Ba3.162@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net,
Jackson K McAfee <mcafeej@digital.net> had this to say:

> Since I have installed MS XP Service Pack 2 I can no longer receive
> faxes. I can send them but not receive them. I have checked the
> firewall settings and have checked the exception that allows Fax
> Console to accept outside connections. Still cannot receive faxes.
> Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on here
> Jack

I have no idea but it could be related to the firewall's settings perhaps?
Either way this isn't the place to post this and you'll get much better
results by posting the question here:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

I think you'll find that one of the gurus in there will know about it if
it's a common problem. Try there and give them all the information that you
gave here and anything else you can think of that might be important.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes