3Dmark03 comparison!

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:04:05 +0100, newsist wrote:

> Hi all time to show off! Here's my 3D mark for my system. Is that ok?
>
> http://www.uploadyourimages.com/view/253650my3dmark.gif
>
> (Use www.uploadyourimages.com as evidence!)

I got just over 12000 with 3DMark03 and my ATI Radeon x800 XT with the ATI
drivers. I got 11701 with the Omega drivers.

Dave
--
We are the US military. Your asses will be kicked. Resistance is futile.

US Army Signal Corps!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

Andrew

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:04:05 +0100, "newsist" <Dude@Freeserver.com>
wrote:

>Hi all time to show off!

With that score?

> Here's my 3D mark for my system. Is that ok?

Makes you wonder why futuremark bothered to write a results browser.
*sigh*

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:04:05 +0100, "newsist" <Dude@Freeserver.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all time to show off!
>
> With that score?

Obviously not the highest! And obviously inferior to the x800s and 6800s But
for a Radeon Pro card is that what I *should* get? I'm preparing my system
for Doom 3 you see!

shawk

"newsist" <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:04:05 +0100, "newsist" <Dude@Freeserver.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all time to show off!
> >
> > With that score?
> >

> Obviously not the highest! And obviously inferior to the x800s and 6800s
But
> for a Radeon Pro card is that what I *should* get? I'm preparing my system
> for Doom 3 you see!

Getting 5700 here with a 9800Pro but using the Omega drivers which arent
best for benchmarking. I play D3 on high quality and its nice and smooth.
HTH, Shaun

> Getting 5700 here with a 9800Pro but using the Omega drivers which arent
> best for benchmarking. I play D3 on high quality and its nice and smooth.
> HTH, Shaun

What are Omega drivers?

> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
> >
> > Getting 5700 here with a 9800Pro but using the Omega drivers which arent
> > best for benchmarking. I play D3 on high quality and its nice and
smooth.
> > HTH, Shaun
> >

> What are Omega drivers?

They're tweaked drivers by a guy called Omega. They get released by him
shortly after each new official driver release by ATI. They tend to give
better performance as well as fix glitches ahead of the official drivers.

http://www.omegacorner.com it's down right now for some reason, but keep
checking it. You should also visit http://www.rage3d.com which is a great
site for info on ATI cards.

On 8/6/2004 11:01 AM Autodidact brightened our day with:

>newsist <Dude@Freeserver.com> wrote in message
>

>>"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>>

>>>Getting 5700 here with a 9800Pro but using the Omega drivers which arent
>>>best for benchmarking. I play D3 on high quality and its nice and
>>>

>smooth.
>

>>>HTH, Shaun
>>>

>>What are Omega drivers?
>>

>They're tweaked drivers by a guy called Omega. They get released by him
>shortly after each new official driver release by ATI. They tend to give
>better performance as well as fix glitches ahead of the official drivers.
>
>http://www.omegacorner.com it's down right now for some reason, but keep
>checking it. You should also visit http://www.rage3d.com which is a great
>site for info on ATI cards.

Switched to: http://www.omegadrivers.net/
about a month or so ago.

--
The Brain From Planet Arous (1958):
"Bad alien Gor takes over scientist Steve's brain; good alien Vol takes over Steve's dog's brain."

Steve [Inglo]

"Autodidact" <23419s0@spammers.com> wrote in message

> They're tweaked drivers by a guy called Omega. They get released by him
> shortly after each new official driver release by ATI. They tend to give
> better performance as well as fix glitches ahead of the official drivers.

Makes me think the people at ATi laze around all day... :/

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

> Hi all time to show off! Here's my 3D mark for my system. Is that ok?
>
> http://www.uploadyourimages.com/view/253650my3dmark.gif

My Barton 3200 with 1 gig dual channel and ATI 9800 Pro does 5900 stock,
just under 6200 with 9800XT clocking. This with Catalyst 4.7's

"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in message

> keep working on it. I get 5550 with a stock XP2100+ and stock 9800pro.

Very similar to mine. Mine is also not overclocked and stock fan etc. But I
use cool outside (of case) air to cool my cpu so it's at 40C maximum :D else
at idle, it's about 32C!!!

"cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote in message
> newsist wrote:
> > Hi all time to show off! Here's my 3D mark for my system. Is that ok?
> >
> > http://www.uploadyourimages.com/view/253650my3dmark.gif
> >
> > (Use www.uploadyourimages.com as evidence!)
>
> keep working on it. I get 5550 with a stock XP2100+ and stock 9800pro.

I get 5556 with my 9700Pro clocked to 9800Pro speeds (378/337.5). It's
water-cooled but then it's only got 128MB. That is with the Omega Drivers.
Don't see why it can but I think I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Luck;
Ken