PB Monitor resolution prob

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,

I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old Packard
Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left with his
packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual says the
maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have searched
all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc but
nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott

"John" <john@whiteok.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,
>
> I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old
> Packard
> Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left
> with his
> packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual
> says the
> maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have
> searched
> all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc
> but
> nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> Scott

Scott the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is dependent on
the "Video Card" if you have a on board video you would have to look
for an updated driver to achieve that size and resolution. Also if you
have a PCI Video card it will also need newer drivers and they can be
obtained via the manufacturer's web site. (ATI-Cirrus Logic-NVIDIA
etc)

I hope that helped?

Elector