IPSec encryption/decryption question.

Hi,

I'm developing a Client/Server application.
I would like to provide some sort of security to this app. I mean,
I would like to encrypt/decrypt TCP and UDP packets with the
help of IPSEC.

I'm using Windows XP Sp2.

I have no idea how to do this. Could you please suggest me how can I
configure IPSEC so that it encrypts and decrypts all the TCP/UDP packets.

Cheers,

Naveen
1 answer Last reply
More about ipsec encryption decryption question

    It's possible (and not very difficult with IPSec Policies) with Windows 2000
    (and up) Servers and Windows 2000 (and up) Clients, here's a link that goes
    into more detail:

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/sag_IPSec_Und17.asp

    "Naveen Mukkelli" <NaveenMukkelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:CF144C44-76CA-41AA-894E-FAF4FC1022FD@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm developing a Client/Server application.
    > I would like to provide some sort of security to this app. I mean,
    > I would like to encrypt/decrypt TCP and UDP packets with the
    > help of IPSEC.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Sp2.
    >
    > I have no idea how to do this. Could you please suggest me how can I
    > configure IPSEC so that it encrypts and decrypts all the TCP/UDP packets.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Naveen

Security Windows XP