Os problem with new mobo, cpu , and ram

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Hello, i decide to get a new mobo, CPU, and ram too on the computer. I put everything in, and reinstall os, i format ed the .C drive but left the 2 partition drive unformated. Now i have some stable problem which every 5- 15min it freeze from any program and need to restart. I need help computer= motherboard=MSI 890FIXED70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Cpu= AMD Phenom II x6 1075T 3.0 GHZ RAM=G.Skil Ripjaws 8gb (2x4)

bystander123

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Browse through the BIOS and see if it reports any hardware related problem. The BIOS checks ram every time you start your pc. There must be a message within the BOOTING of your pc if RAM is where the problem is coming from. Also, monitor temperature from BIOS.

If you find everything ok, then I suppose failed attempt to bad-partition on HDD by windows file management is causing the "freeze". Maybe fix it by giving it proper partitioning and file system??

Thanks

If you are running any applications/games that are installed in that second partition, they won't work.

If you are not, the problem likely has nothing to do with the second partition.

You need to stress test your system to check for heat and memory issues, using Prime95 and CPUID Hardware Monitor.

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
i just finish cleaning and do a clean install on OS. I update my Bios which did help from freezing, now i still get freeze but not that oven, and this is my first major upgrade. How u set the memory to spec and set the proper voltage? I freeze 2 time from entering "computer"(the window one, "start" than "computer" just check make sure don't confuse people :D " and the 3rd time is from entering chrome.. anyone please help!!! and Thx

Reply to bystander123: I thank you for your detail help, but how you look for error in Bios...? thanks

Aureius

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
When the system locks up, do you lose USB power, IE no light on the laser mouse or lights on the keyboard. I had the same issue and it was RAM. My MB had a very specific list of approved memory. Once I picked up memory off the list, it's run like a champ. Seriously doubt the other partition is the problem.
-Andy

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
When i lock up.. it doesn't lose usb power, it just like freeze, than nothing working.. my mouse it even working it just nothing is responding. :( :sweat:
anyway thanks.. i think i have the right memory

Motherboard=MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130274

CPU= AMD Phenom II x6 1075T 3.0GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103858

RAM=G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311

Anyway.. just post my stuff on here again so you guy can see better.
I think it kind of heat problem.. because when i use Prime95 to stress it went to like 60 c :eek:

bystander123

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Doesn't seem to be a bad combination of hardware :heink:

Anyway, follow the experts in here ... BIOS gives you basic info .. use the softwares recommended by the experts above.

I had an old pc that ran win98 .. it used to go "freeze" like this. I installed MB chipset drivers and it became fully stable. I don't know, win98 was very old os. But, you can at least give it a try. Install the drivers that comes with MB and see if it does you any good on this issue.

Or I think you have corrupt RAM - try this - http://www.technibble.com/how-to-diagnose-bad-ram/

laumiulun

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

I think i have good memory, but i think the problem is because this is my new build and i don't know how to install the stock amd heatsink and took a little time to figure out. i remove and put it back a lot of time (Might be like 7), so should i remove the cpu, clean the thermal paste, reapply and try it?