Limited Access To Internet Tool Options

Lately, when trying to open my internet tool options for IE, I get a message
saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I am able to get to my tool options by right clicking on IE and going to
properties but some things are blocked, such as being able to change my home
page, though I have full administrative rights on my computer.

I have no idea what these restrictions are, how they came into effect, or
how to fix the problem.

If there's anyone who can possibly help, I'd be so very appreciative.

Thanks!!
4 answers Last reply
More about limited access internet tool options

    This restriction can also be caused by spyware. Update your spyware program and check
    your system on a regular basis.

    Spyware Programs links:-
    www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
    www.security.kolla.de Spybot

    Re-enable Internet Options:
    Line 268. Restore All Tabs under Internet Options

    line 63 - Home Page Lock / Home Page Unlock in left column.

    If you are running Spybot – S & D – V1.3
    Make sure under Tools, IE Tweaks – Miscellaneous Locks – that you aren’t blocking
    anything there.

    Chloe wrote:
    > Lately, when trying to open my internet tool options for IE, I get a
    > message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
    > on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
    >
    > I am able to get to my tool options by right clicking on IE and going
    > to properties but some things are blocked, such as being able to
    > change my home page, though I have full administrative rights on my
    > computer.
    >
    > I have no idea what these restrictions are, how they came into
    > effect, or how to fix the problem.
    >
    > If there's anyone who can possibly help, I'd be so very appreciative.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Thank you for your response. I ran Yahoo Anti-Spy and Spyboy S&D V1.2 and
    came up with nothing. I also used both tweaks you linked too (thanks) and am
    able to change my homepage now but the restriction is still there when I try
    to open my tool options from the IE toolbar.

    I'm usually pretty good at fixing things on my computer but this truly has
    me stumped.

    "Taurarian" wrote:

    > This restriction can also be caused by spyware. Update your spyware program and check
    > your system on a regular basis.
    >
    > Spyware Programs links:-
    > www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
    > www.security.kolla.de Spybot
    >

    > Re-enable Internet Options:
    > Line 268. Restore All Tabs under Internet Options

    > line 63 - Home Page Lock / Home Page Unlock in left column.
    >
    > If you are running Spybot – S & D – V1.3
    > Make sure under Tools, IE Tweaks – Miscellaneous Locks – that you aren’t blocking
    > anything there.
    >

    > Chloe wrote:
    > > Lately, when trying to open my internet tool options for IE, I get a
    > > message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
    > > on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
    > >
    > > I am able to get to my tool options by right clicking on IE and going
    > > to properties but some things are blocked, such as being able to
    > > change my home page, though I have full administrative rights on my
    > > computer.
    > >
    > > I have no idea what these restrictions are, how they came into
    > > effect, or how to fix the problem.
    > >
    > > If there's anyone who can possibly help, I'd be so very appreciative.
    > >
    > > Thanks!!

    Forget that last post. lol The changes took effect once I closed IE and
    reopened it and everything's working fine now.

    Thank you so much for you help. It's very appreciated!!

    You're welcome, have a good day.
    Kaylene

    "Chloe" wrote:

    > Forget that last post. lol The changes took effect once I closed IE and
    > reopened it and everything's working fine now.
    >
    > Thank you so much for you help. It's very appreciated!!

Internet Explorer Computers Internet Windows XP